Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Chad DeDominicis

Tweeted out Kieffer Bellows wishful thinking or did his source give him a heads up?

I’ve never seen this guy report anything. Just seems like a random blogger. And on Bellows: has to be wishful thinking.

I’ve never seen this guy report anything. Just seems like a random blogger. And on Bellows: has to be wishful thinking.

He also mentioned that the Isles are the Sabres' "last hope" at trading O'Reilly, which is just silly.

EDIT:  Words were "last hope" and not "last shot."

Edited by Eleven

My hope is that the next step for Buffalo is to use McCabe (or maybe, but not ideally. Scandella) and one of these firsts to land another winger.

Just throwing out names off the top of my head: Tanner Pearson/Tyler Toffoli, Jacob Silfverberg, Nino Niederreiter, Boone Jenner, Jeff Skinner (with an extension)... etc, etc.

Not saying all of any of those guys require a first but a package of McCabe and a first has to appeal somewhere. Pearson is a favorite target of mine because he’s been in the rumor mill and will now be pushed even further down the LA lineup with Kovalchuk added. Toffoli was mentioned as a possible target at one point, as well.

My hope is that the next step for Buffalo is to use McCabe (or maybe, but not ideally. Scandella) and one of these firsts to land another winger.

Just throwing out names off the top of my head: Tanner Pearson/Tyler Toffoli, Jacob Silfverberg, Nino Niederreiter, Boone Jenner, Jeff Skinner (with an extension)... etc, etc.

Not saying all of any of those guys require a first but a package of McCabe and a first has to appeal somewhere. Pearson is a favorite target of mine because he’s been in the rumor mill and will now be pushed even further down the LA lineup with Kovalchuk added. Toffoli was mentioned as a possible target at one point, as well.

This is the only scenario in which I can live with the RoR trade. There has to be something done with all of the assets we just collected 

Per Larry Brooks

Senators have given interested teams permission to talk contract extension with Karlsson. Sounds as if he is looking for Doughty deal (8x11)

If they're still trying to anchor Bobby Ryan to him, what team can even afford the price tag of Karlsson trade wise, plus the $18M+ cap hit that comes with those two combined?

@brianlawton9 

Hearing that Calvin de hann has identified 4 clubs that would be excellent organizations to join. A return to @NYIslanders or joining @NYRangers #devils #stars he is expected to sign a multi year deal today! @NHLNetwork

If they're still trying to anchor Bobby Ryan to him, what team can even afford the price tag of Karlsson trade wise, plus the $18M+ cap hit that comes with those two combined?

Vegas. That's about it. 

Doubt the leafs would let us have him, only way is to offer sheet him.

The Leafs have $13 million in cap space. Maybe you can make them pay more than they'd like, but Nylander isn't going anywhere.

Vegas. That's about it. 

I want to say they're going to have to either take players back or stop tying Ryan to him, but Melnyk wants to dump money now. Only way he takes cap/money back is if it comes off the books in 2 years

Hmmm.  Would I take on Ryan just to get Karlsson plus an extension?

Four years of Ryan at $7.25M for one year of Karlsson at $6.5M plus ____?

Ehhhh.... with how weak our wings are... and $13M free right now... and we clear Pominville and Moulson's cap hit after this year and Bogosian's after next year... if taking Ryan would lower the price on Karlsson...

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Hmmm.  Would I take on Ryan just to get Karlsson plus an extension?

Four years of Ryan at $7.25M for one year of Karlsson at $6.5M plus ____?

Ehhhh.... with how weak our wings are... and $13M free right now... and we clear Pominville and Moulson's cap hit after this year and Bogosian's after next year... if taking Ryan would lower the price on Karlsson...

You forget, we still have to pay Reinhart. More likely around $8M free, which barely covers Ryan alone right now.

I would love to be in on Karlsson. Even without Ryan, I think we can package the SJ and St.Louis Blues' 1st for him

You forget, we still have to pay Reinhart. More likely around $8M free, which barely covers Ryan alone right now.

I would love to be in on Karlsson. Even without Ryan, I think we can package the SJ and St.Louis Blues' 1st for him

And then flip some of those multiple excess D, say McCabe, Bogosian and some the younger ones for scoring wingers. Not sure it would happen. But wow that might actually work. Or the Sabres could stay put and just develop players. :( Edited by North Buffalo

I’d be surprised if Reinhart got $5 million (but there are other RFAs that’ll get small deals to get us to around $7/8M available.

Regardless: I don’t think we can afford to pursue Karlsson with or without Ryan coming back. Nor do I think he’d be interested.

I’d be surprised if Reinhart got $5 million (but there are other RFAs that’ll get small deals to get us to around $7/8M available.

Regardless: I don’t think we can afford to pursue Karlsson with or without Ryan coming back. Nor do I think he’d be interested.

You'd really be surprised by Reinhart getting that? Huh, kinda figured he'd at least get that, considering Bozak just got that

Afford cap wise or asset wise?

Bozak is ufa; Reinhart is rfa.

Still seems like Reinhart and his agent would see that and ask for at least that

Btw, don't forget Ottawa owes it's 1st this year to Colorado, and it's not protected (I think). So, in a year where they'll lose Hoffman and Karlsson, they'll be terrible, and have nothing to build on. They need 1st round picks back for Karlsson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.