Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

34 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

How?  They're only slightly less than $5 million under the cap now...

I know, I know, Stevie Y and his magic cap wand.  Or something.  

They'll have to trade either Tyler Johnson or Ondrej Palat. I think the market would be pretty high for either of those guys.

10 minutes ago, Briere48 said:

They'll have to trade either Tyler Johnson or Ondrej Palat. I think the market would be pretty high for either of those guys.

I'm always down to bring in more quality wingers from playoff teams as cap casualties ?

Edited by Samson's Flow

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Fire up the let’s trade for a winger scenarios 

I would guess that means that salary would be going back the other way.  I think Tyler Johnson would be 1 of the players. I would also guess Cal Foote would be going. 

Johnson, Foote, easily a 1st round pick, probably a 2nd rounder, and something else. 

This is exactly the type of scenario we have been hoping for and are in a position to take advantage of.

EDIT: I’m talking the guys squeezed out of Tampa by Karlsson, not Karlsson himself.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This is exactly the type of scenario we have been hoping for and are in a position to take advantage of.

EDIT: I’m talking the guys squeezed out of Tampa by Karlsson, not Karlsson himself.

Having three first round picks  sure could come in handy...

I think Ondrej Palat could be a player that they move. Maybe a 1st and a prospect gets that done. Maybe just a 1st, really depends on Karlsson's new contract. I think TB can slide 1 year while paying for Karlsson without having to really ship out much. 

The return from the Lightning would have to be astronomical.  The Senators will struggle enough losing Karlsson, but putting him in your own division will only add to the pain.

What a mess they have created.

The Lightning have a ton of players with NMC/NTC.  Who in their right mind is going to WANT to go to Ottawa?  This means they have to move players who are not protected.  Kucherov has no protections and neither does JT Miller, who they just signed.  If you total up the rest of the roster that is not protected it barely clears enough cap space for Karlsson.

One would think it might include another team so that the player from the Lightning might be willing to waive their NTC/NMC.

Don't think any player from Tampa will want to come  here, But Killorn and Palat would be of interest to us it seems.

But wouldn't offer more than a 2nd and a prospect.

Could also see them trying to dump the Callahan contract on us, but then I want Erne involved.    Hmm thought he was better than this.

Maybe something like Killorn + Callahan for our 3rd and Bailey dunno.

Edited by Huckleberry

18 minutes ago, Weave said:

My money is on the Sabres essentially being done for this offseason and won’t be in on any TB cap fallout.

I think Tampa should be able to mostly stand pat this summer.

Karlsson’s raise doesn’t kick in until next year.

23 minutes ago, LTS said:

The return from the Lightning would have to be astronomical.  The Senators will struggle enough losing Karlsson, but putting him in your own division will only add to the pain.

What a mess they have created.

The Lightning have a ton of players with NMC/NTC.  Who in their right mind is going to WANT to go to Ottawa?  This means they have to move players who are not protected.  Kucherov has no protections and neither does JT Miller, who they just signed.  If you total up the rest of the roster that is not protected it barely clears enough cap space for Karlsson.

One would think it might include another team so that the player from the Lightning might be willing to waive their NTC/NMC.

And on top of all of that, they're bottoming out in the year where they don't even get their own first round draft pick.  It's the perfect storm of stupid.

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

It's the Senators.

After that last move blew up in their face I'm sure they are just going to try and get the best deal possible now

1 hour ago, Weave said:

My money is on the Sabres essentially being done for this offseason and won’t be in on any TB cap fallout.

I lean that way too. We as fans think they should do something or be in on these moves, but I dont think that JBott and the front office feel the same way. They ate going to continue the slow rebuild using picks and waiting for their prospects to develop. They dont want to give up picks or prospects in deals

31 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Just saw a Tweet from ... someone ... saying their best source with the highest "batting average" said Karlsson to the Lightning, book it. 

Also said a third team may be involved for salary-movement purposes.

That tweet was mentioned above. It's also been backed up by a couple other reporters saying they're hearing the same thing.

For the record, I do not think we'll be getting involved here. Tampa will be able to find value by sending somebody out of the division and, as mentioned before, won't really need to clear much this offseason to get him in. Next offseason becomes very expensive and tricky, but they could make a big run and then dump salary next offseason for similar value.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.