Dahlin going to be a Sabre

sweetlou

Dahlin will join Aaron Ekblad and Erik Johnson as the only defensemen taken first overall in the past 22 years.

Dahlin has an NHL equivalency coming from the SHL at 23.2. Ekblad's was 22.5 coming from the OHL. Hedman was 23.2 coming from the SHL. Ristolainen was 10.5 coming from SM-Liiga.

Dahlin is a left shot, Risto is a right shot.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/big-read-rasmus-dahlin/

Dahlin will join Aaron Ekblad and Erik Johnson as the only defensemen taken first overall in the past 22 years.

Dahlin has an NHL equivalency coming from the SHL at 23.2. Ekblad's was 22.5 coming from the OHL. Hedman was 23.2 coming from the SHL. Ristolainen was 10.5 coming from SM-Liiga.

Dhalin plays RD though.

As they turned over the card, I expected to see the Hurricanes logo so when I saw it was the Sabres, I jumped out of the chair with a loud yell. Surprised my wife didn't come over to see what was going on but I guess she's used to yells coming from the man cave.

Just Imagine a PP unit with Eichel, Mittelstadt, and Dahlin. Or even being a defender and seeing Eichel and Dahlin press on you for a 2 on 1.

Wait, we won't have to imagine it for long...

Maybe under the coaching of the 2016-2017 staff.  You could have the NHL all-star team with Crosby, Ovi, Laine, etc. and they would fizzle under the powerplay coaching of the current staff.

How numb I have gotten to this entire Sabres team right now?  I WANTED the first pick in the draft, and I thought about the lottery the last few days, and I made sure to watch it. But, when they revealed the Sabres were getting the first pick...I was 'slightly happy'.  I'm glad they are getting the first pick, but I really REALLY need to see this team being good enough to make the playoffs soon.

How numb I have gotten to this entire Sabres team right now?  I WANTED the first pick in the draft, and I thought about the lottery the last few days, and I made sure to watch it. But, when they revealed the Sabres were getting the first pick...I was 'slightly happy'.  I'm glad they are getting the first pick, but I really REALLY need to see this team being good enough to make the playoffs soon.

That's where am, as well. If a generational talent like McDavid can't turn around the fortunes of Edmonton, then I don't want to put too much hope into Dahlin.

With that said, though, this is a first for me ever, to get excited when watching a prospects highlight reel. He's got crazy skeeeelz.

Does he take 8 or 26?

You mean 9? I think he takes 9. Moulson won't be back so he could take 26

Keep in mind Dahlin just turned 18. But, what is the equivalency for Pilut?

Just read he is better than Victor Hedman. That would be fantastic. We would be much better as a team if that is true.

Gosh, just think how much better our second pair is now with Risto manning that! This is good

That is if Risto is still on the team for long. With all the talk of people not following the game plan, there's been hints that Risto is the worst culprit of it. If so, BYE BYE!

I remember reading an interview with Miller where he said that he was afraid of Ruff because he could bench him while he was at the top of his game. Dahlin makes everyone on the blue line accountable now.

Phil Housley?

No, in my view, because he couldn’t play defence.

Finished 5th in Norris voting in ‘84 and ‘90 and 9th in ‘89.

No votes for the rest of his Sabre career.

Back to the matter at hand, how good will Dahlin be this year?

I expect him to make the team, but question his immediate impact.

Very few teenage defencemen put up points and he’s not going to be Mike Ramsey in our zone.

Ekblad had 39 points. Is that a reasonable target?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.