Dahlin going to be a Sabre

sweetlou

No, in my view, because he couldn’t play defence.

Finished 5th in Norris voting in ‘84 and ‘90 and 9th in ‘89.

No votes for the rest of his Sabre career.

Back to the matter at hand, how good will Dahlin be this year?

I expect him to make the team, but question his immediate impact.

Very few teenage defencemen put up points and he’s not going to be Mike Ramsey in our zone.

Ekblad had 39 points. Is that a reasonable target?

I would be happy with a 40 point season. I'm thinking we will see something similar to Jack's rookie year. Up and down at times but you get those exciting moments and flashes that take you out of your seat and wonder just how good he can become.

That is if Risto is still on the team for long. With all the talk of people not following the game plan, there's been hints that Risto is the worst culprit of it. If so, BYE BYE!

I remember reading an interview with Miller where he said that he was afraid of Ruff because he could bench him while he was at the top of his game. Dahlin makes everyone on the blue line accountable now.

Watching Brayden McNabb last night reminded me of why you never trade good defenseman.

Exactly :)

And Great britain won gold at the World championships in hungary so we are promoted to play with the big teams next year. Was a great day.

With 15.8 seconds to go. Hopefully it causes some traction in the sport.

I might try and go to Slovakia next year for it. Does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

How much better do we need to get our D now? Dahlin, Risto, Scandella are a nice top three, but we can't expect Dahlin to carry the load right out the door.

With 15.8 seconds to go. Hopefully it causes some traction in the sport.

I might try and go to Slovakia next year for it. Does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

How much better do we need to get our D now? Dahlin, Risto, Scandella are a nice top three, but we can't expect Dahlin to carry the load right out the door.

I’d give Dahlin some time to adjust before throwing him out against the leagues top players. I don’t think we can expect that from him until year 2 or 3. He still needs to physically mature.

Defense still needs upgrades. I mentioned in another thread this morning, what would it take to get Karlsson? He’s done with Ottawa. Can you imagine him and Dahlin paired as your top defensive pairing? It would be a coup! A fellow Norris Trophy winning Swede as a mentor. I like the sound of that.

There is certainly reason for optimism this morning.

Edited by Beer

You mean 9? I think he takes 9. Moulson won't be back so he could take 26

Keep in mind Dahlin just turned 18. But, what is the equivalency for Pilut?

He wore 8 at WJHC no? Sorry been discussed already lol.. I was under the assumption Nelson would not return but I guess there is a good chance he will Edited by LikeEich

You mean 9? I think he takes 9. Moulson won't be back so he could take 26

Keep in mind Dahlin just turned 18. But, what is the equivalency for Pilut?

Pilut's NHLe is 34.8, but I think there's a larger uncertainty in his number because he's already 22, making him a developmental outlier from most of the rest of the players used to calculate NHLe from the SHL. I could be wrong and Pilut could be great.

I’d give Dahlin some time to adjust before throwing him out against the leagues top players. I don’t think we can expect that from him until year 2 or 3. He still needs to physically mature.

Defense still needs upgrades. I mentioned in another thread this morning, what would it take to get Karlsson? He’s done with Ottawa. Can you imagine him and Dahlin paired as your top defensive pairing? It would be a coup! A fellow Norris Trophy winning Swede as a mentor. I like the sound of that.

There is certainly reason for optimism this morning.

I have not heard a single thing from Karlsson that would lead me to believe he's done with Ottawa. To me he really wants to stay a senator.

The context of that first goal on the clip: His childhood dream team (with his childhood hero, Henrik Lundqvist's brother*) had put him on their development team, but at 16 years old he was so good that Frolunda said "you're playing with us." Then in the playoffs, I believe they were down and I believe that was in an elimination game, and 16 year old Dahlin did THAT in the third best men's league in the entire world. 

*There's a really cool picture on Dahlin's instagram from years ago, getting a picture with his idol and future teammate, Joel Lundqvist.

I have not heard a single thing from Karlsson that would lead me to believe he's done with Ottawa. To me he really wants to stay a senator.

There was a lot made out of their final home game when he went and grabbed the puck out of the net after the game and tucked it into his pants, like he knew he was not coming back. Just saying, I love to have him in a Sabres uniform mentoring Dahlin.

Which one of you put this together? :P

Wowzers, just wow

His control of the puck with speed is superb.

Edited by Beer

guess winning thsi will make GMJBotto look like a genius...if EXGMTM had won a few of these things we'd have McDavid and Eklblad already. I also think Pilut is apparently really good according to the "experts" at Sportsnet and would assume he has been offered a starting spot on the roster or he would have signed elsewhere who would play him this year

That's where am, as well. If a generational talent like McDavid can't turn around the fortunes of Edmonton, then I don't want to put too much hope into Dahlin.

With that said, though, this is a first for me ever, to get excited when watching a prospects highlight reel. He's got crazy skeeeelz.

Pretty well sums up my thoughts.

We got Sam and the frnachise's fortunes didn't change. We got Jack and the franchise's fortunes didn't change.  Now we'll have Dahlin.  This is so closely mirroring what went on in Edmonton.  It's hard for me to feel the hope that others are feeling right now.

Pretty well sums up my thoughts.

We got Sam and the frnachise's fortunes didn't change. We got Jack and the franchise's fortunes didn't change.  Now we'll have Dahlin.  This is so closely mirroring what went on in Edmonton.  It's hard for me to feel the hope that others are feeling right now.

Critical mass. A group of very talented kids in key roles entering their primes at about the same time.

Weren’t you always one of the ones who said it was going to take five years minimum before we could compete?

Listen to the beginning. 'He is to defensemen in this coming draft exactly what McDavid and Matthews are to centers'

Also, watch his reaction to the 2nd highlight

What mcdavid is to centers and what matthews is to centers are completely different things, that being said I'd be pumped with either one. But only Crosby holds a candle to Mcdavid

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.