Nylander called up

Brawndo

E-Rod-Eichel-Nylander

Wilson-ROR-Reinhart

Girgensons-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Baptiste-Larsson-Pominville

is what I would like to see. Nolan, Larsson, and Pouliot all deserve to watch the end of the season from the box. Larsson won't because he's a C and a pest. Pominville probably deserves a third line spot, but the right side gets crowded if that's where Nylander is playing. 

I like that 

Now I just need to win one of those Winter Classic jerseys tomorrow night

Is there a rhyme to reason why we've seen Girgensons stapled with Jack? Since Jack's return Girgensons has 0 goals and 3 points.Pominville only has 4 points in that span (all in the past 4 games). I can't for a second buy that this is the best pair of wingers to use with Eichel. I find it funny we've never seen him play with ERod as they were on a line in college and you'd think they'd have some chemistry.

Rethinking potential lineups, here's a new idea. Have a 3rd line of all the young bucks. Tell them to go out and play and know you don't have a veteran to cover for your mistakes. Trial by fire. The 4th line is there to mostly keep the bench warm.

Okposo- Eichel -Erod

Wilson - ROR - Reinhart

Nylander - Mittlestad - Baptiste

Girgensons - Larsson - Pominville

E-Rod-Eichel-Nylander

Wilson-ROR-Reinhart

Girgensons-Mittelstadt-Okposo

Baptiste-Larsson-Pominville

is what I would like to see. Nolan, Larsson, and Pouliot all deserve to watch the end of the season from the box. Larsson won't because he's a C and a pest. Pominville probably deserves a third line spot, but the right side gets crowded if that's where Nylander is playing.

Mucker - Playmaker - Finisher (at least in concept) on each line. This probably comes closest to making lemonade out of the lemons they have to work with.

Okay kid, here's your big shot. 

I'm guessing (and hoping) this isn't really his 'big shot' and chance to prove himself.....but instead an acknowledgement of the Sabres front office that he has drastically been more productive in the minors the last month or two..and a way to see how that translates against NHL competition. But even MORE than that...a couple games of 'exposure' for him to see how confident he is against NHL competition. If he doesn't get on the scoresheet, I wouldn't be worried, and I won't be upset to see him in Rochester next year still.

I'm guessing (and hoping) this isn't really his 'big shot' and chance to prove himself.....but instead an acknowledgement of the Sabres front office that he has drastically been more productive in the minors the last month or two..and a way to see how that translates against NHL competition. But even MORE than that...a couple games of 'exposure' for him to see how confident he is against NHL competition. If he doesn't get on the scoresheet, I wouldn't be worried, and I won't be upset to see him in Rochester next year still.

I agree. I don't think it's do or die for him. It shouldn't be.

Will they put him on the 3rd or 4th line with a couple of plugs or...wait a minute. They could accomplish that on any line.

The good news for him is, he'll almost have to play w/ @ least 1 of Eichel O'Reilly, or Mittelstadt. The bad news is, Housley may want to put 1 "offensive" guy on each line; in which case, it's Helllllooo Larsssson.

The good news for him is, he'll almost have to play w/ @ least 1 of Eichel O'Reilly, or Mittelstadt. The bad news is, Housley may want to put 1 "offensive" guy on each line; in which case, it's Helllllooo Larsssson.

lol. Hello Larry !

Pouliot looked like an avalanche crashed onto a train that had crashed on the side of a mountain last night, so I'm guessing he's sitting.

If I were Housley the lines I'd put forth are:

Nylander - Eichel - Mittlestat

Baptiste - ROR - Reinhart

Okposo-Rodriguez - Girgensons

Wilson - Larsson - Pomminstein

Sit: Pouliot, Nolan, Porter

I don't think the lines will look anything like this. My head might explode if Eichel is not playing with one of the youths.

Well you don't call up Porter to have him sit do you? Sit anyone from your 4th line. Any veteran really. Doesn't matter. Not like they actually want to win the last games is it. 

I like it.   I like it alot. 

Why? 3 of the wingers are on the wrong sides. 

Pouliot looked like an avalanche crashed onto a train that had crashed on the side of a mountain last night, so I'm guessing he's sitting.

If I were Housley the lines I'd put forth are:

Nylander - Eichel - Mittlestat

Baptiste - ROR - Reinhart

Okposo-Rodriguez - Girgensons

Wilson - Larsson - Pomminstein

Sit: Pouliot, Nolan, Porter

I don't think the lines will look anything like this. My head might explode if Eichel is not playing with one of the youths.

I don't think they have any intention of moving Mittelstadt to wing considering these are meaningless games and they want him to be a center.  

Nylander - Eichel - Okposo

Rodriguez - Mittelstadt - Baptiste (with it being the last home game, Housley can protect this line because he will have last change)

Zemgus - ROR - Reinhart

Wilson - Porter - Pommers

how did he look like ?

Good wheels on him. Went to the open areas often enough so got some chances, but also showed a complete lack of ability to handle the puck and totally missed on a perfect set up. Personally, I think it best to consider this pick a bust and move one, if he surprises great, but it is a long long long shot at best. 

but also this team displays such total lack of organization/team work on the ice that who can really tell what anybody is supposed to be doing at times. ERod passing to the point which Scandella had already vacated and Scandella dropping it for Mittelstadt who had no idea it was going to happen and then fell on his butt trying to turn back for it giving Ottawa a clear break, well those are plays that sum up the year and the state of the franchise. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.