GDT Bruins at Buffalo 2/25/18 5 PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

It is time for the Sabres to play spoiler down the stretch. This is a nice win over the evil Bruins.

I would really like to beat up on Toronto. We haven't played them yet this year and we get all 4 games against them now when they're preparing for the playoffs. I want our roster of plugs to totally screw with their confidence.

I would really like to beat up on Toronto. We haven't played them yet this year and we get all 4 games against them now when they're preparing for the playoffs. I want our roster of plugs to totally screw with their confidence.

This would make me very happy.  Hate the Leafs and really hate their fans

He’s exactly the type of young depth guy that, if he continues to develop, could go a long way toward a quicker turn around, no?

ERod, McCabe, Nelson, Antipin, Baptiste, Bailey, Fasching, Smith, Ullmark, Guhle, Nylander...

I think there is a tendency on here to think most of these guys are always going to be what they are...

Any of them can still become a legit support guy. It happens elsewhere and it has to happen here.

Reinhart got better, Eichel got better.

Botterill says he’s all about development.

We’ve just got to hope he will prove it.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Fantastic game, took 5 tries but I was finally able to witness a Sabres win in person.

I was admittedly quite worried at first, but apart from the goal and that long stretch in the Bruins' end in the 2nd , there was DEFINITELY a different attitude with that team tonight. If Boston was going to win, they were going to have to take it from them kicking and screaming. If they played like that every game, this would be a very fun team to watch.

Oh, and RJ is definitely the class act he is portrayed as. God bless him.

So weird that they can beat the Bruins this year when they can't seem to beat anyone else. Gotta love it, now if they could only do that against others.

They will.

Recently, even when they've looked bad, they've looked better than they used to.  Not as much running around, better structure.  (Yes, Capitals, I know, but every team lays an egg once in a while.)

It seems like the Sabres are starting to get it (it = Housley's system) and that the style played in Rochester is compatible with that system.  So next year a few more up from Rochester and possibly some free agent signings and I think the team will be consistently better.

Edited by Anordning

It was nice to be there in person to watch all the Boston fans leave with their heads down. I almost yelled out “You just lost to Buffalo!” right at the face off with 4.2 seconds left... but I didn’t. No need to be that guy. After all, they are going to the playoffs.

Sabres showed a lot of jump for most of the game. I think last night it began to sink in that some guys are leaving tomorrow and it deflated the room a bit. Tonight they looked ready to go.

Bring on the deadline... so we can discuss the draft.

Hope everyone caught Okposo's reply to Harrington's question about the team's recent record being decent. Kyle said he puts no stock in stretches like that after a team is essentially out of it. Refreshing answer.

I heard it. I thought the same thing. It was awesome.

Think it was Hamilton, though.

Nash’s first play .. icing

Did the Bruins equipment man accidentally pack Gionta's hockey pants instead of Nash's or does he just still wear the pants he wore as a Pee Wee?

Just started watching the game.  It's a good sign on Antipin's development that Wowie now trusts him on the PK.

Antipin was out on the PK? When?

The 2nd PK pairing was Nelson-Falk.

So Nash has completely destroyed the Bruins chemistry?

We can hope.

Hope everyone caught Okposo's reply to Harrington's question about the team's recent record being decent. Kyle said he puts no stock in stretches like that after a team is essentially out of it. Refreshing answer.

That’s...really great to hear.

Kyle Okposo is the best man on this team.

And a huge Harry Potter fan. Make the man captain!

After wasting my time making the trip up there for the Dallas game, this team redeemed itself. Many Bruins fans in attendance that barely got an opportunity to cheer. Other than that horrendous 5 minutes we were pinned in our own end during the second I thought that was one of the most complete games they've played.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.