Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

So you're saying they passed on Mahomes because they believed Peterman was the next big thing.  With that belief, they then took the risk of waiting until their second pick in the 5th round to draft him.  It sounds like some fun time travel hijinks are in motion.  Clearly at some point McDermott will sent Peterman back in time to do the nasty with Mrs. McDermott, allowing Sean to be conceived.

Sort of.  My theory (and it's really just something I'm having fun with) is that McDermott really thought he was smarter than the rest of the league and thought Peterman was the next Tom Brady.  He knew he could wait until the 5th round to get him.

Edited by Eleven

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm really excited for our new GM and coach to draft Tua Tagovailoa in 2 years. 

I QBs could be compared to Pitchers(they can't, obviously) this guy would have the freshest arm in the history of the sport. He plays 1 quarter a game and throws like 10 passes for 300 yards.

9 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The 2018 Buffalo Bills now have a top 10 defense in DVOA... and one of the five worst offenses we've ever tracked through 5 games.

Go billlllllllllllllz

What is their best offense since ~2005? 

Was it one of Gailey's? Maybe 2011? 

Was the best offense since then better than league average that year?

My memory of so many of those 2005-2013 teams is clouded by the fact that I was a middle/high-schooler watching them

We aren't going to win if we are generating 200yrd of offense a game and 13 points. Again, if the offense is not heavily upgraded this offseason, Allen is screwed. I already don't think he will be more than just an OK starter but they could try and help him. 

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would absolutely trade McCoy for the right return. I don't trust McBeane to get it right, but I would do it.

In this dumpster fire of a season, trading away McCoy makes a lot of sense. I too have little faith that we would get any value back in return.

For all we know, Philly is going back to the well that got them Darby for J. Matthews.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

In this dumpster fire of a season, trading away McCoy makes a lot of sense. I too have little faith that we would get any value back in return.

For all we know, Philly is going back to the well that got them Darby for J. Matthews.

No. Just no. We should under no circumstances ever throw away another season in any sport.

We could be 3-3 by the end of Sunday.

EDIT: cue the "but our D can't sustain that turnover rate" crowd.?

Edited by SwampD

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

No. Just no. We should under no circumstances ever throw away another season in any sport.

I totally respect your viewpoint and i'm normally right there with you, but with a historically bad offense the difference between McCoy and Ivory doesn't move the needle.

11 minutes ago, SwampD said:

No way, Bills are getting their butts handed to them Sunday. 

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Also we're not winning games going forward scoring 12 points per game. 

image.thumb.png.0edf78cc5161545b0f482a2e0f13d180.png

Besides Arizona, we aren't even in the same area code as even the bottom 1/3rd of the league in scoring. Cleveland through Miami are all around 20-22 points per game.

58 minutes ago, shrader said:

Do you keep him for a week, give Anderson some time to learn the system, then cut Peterman after that?

I would have cut Peterman this morning, and I would cut him next week and again the week after that.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

We noticed him at the stadium as well. He was making plays but also was full of energy pumping up the crowd and celebrating plays with teammates.

I watched most of the game in a setting where the sound was off and there was various conversations going on around me. But big #97 seemed to be everywhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.