Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Interesting thoughts. Mario's 2014 season in particular is one that I"ll remember for a long time.

Yep. The entire Cold Front was fun to watch and for 2 years was arguably the most dominant 4-3 DL in franchise history - even better than the 1964-65 DL. Mario Williams and Dareus had Hall of Fame talent, though they were not what McDermott would call "process-trusting" characters. Kyle Williams is an obvious future Wall of Famer and so might be Hughes if he finishes his career in Buffalo.  

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Honestly, when you all post gifs, I have no idea what message they are supposed to convey.

I mean they're rather simple to understand. Reaction gifs are just that, a reaction to something; how you reacted when you read something

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I mean they're rather simple to understand. Reaction gifs are just that, a reaction to something; how you reacted when you read something

I really have trouble with some--no, many--of them.  I can't understand the reaction that is intended to be expressed.  This is an Eleven problem and not a rest-of-you problem.

I will seek out a competent memeologist to help me, as soon as Independent Health* starts covering that.

*THE OFFICIAL NON-VEINS, NON-SWEAT-PREVENTION HEALTH CARE PROVIDER OF YOUR BUFFALO SABRES!

It depends on the definition of best that you’re going for, whether it’s the best at a single moment or the best over a longer period of time. I’ll throw Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson into the discussion for what they brought to the team for a very significant amount of time. 

@Eleven the above memes are conveying the following:

Smell's message is that you can do it, and in fact learn to understand the messages of the memes. This is an encouraging message from our friend Smell indicating that you will improve your usage and comprehension of meme-related humor in time.

Hoss on the other hand, is using his meme to insinuate that you are both old and have little understanding of modern technology and its uses. This image intends to provide a visual interpretation of what we think you look like when you interact with us on the internets.

Does this help? Let me know if you need any future interpretations - my rates are very reasonable.

• Haha (+1) 5

On 10/10/2018 at 2:36 AM, FuhrUrsinne said:

My issues with trading McCoy:

1. 45 carries spread over 4 games is not a large enough data set to make a determination on McCoy's current ability. He's been averaging 3.8 yards per carry while injured, behind perhaps the worst OL in the league, and up against defenses that have been stacking the line because they do not fear a rookie QB throwing to inarguably the worst WR corps in the NFL.

2. Neither Ivory nor Murphy can replace what McCoy brings to the offense. Ivory is a completely different type of RB (old school north-south power back), and Murphy so far appears to be not nearly as good against defenses in the regular season as he is against defenses during the preseason.

3. Three fellow future Hall of Fame RB's older than McCoy are still getting it done in the NFL as feature backs: Peterson, Lynch, and Gore.

4. Perhaps the most important aspect to this season is the development of Josh Allen. Not only is McCoy the best playmaker on the offense, but he appears to be developing good locker room chemistry with Allen. It makes more sense to make an honest effort to establish a running game this season and relieve some of the pressure on Allen in having to win games through the air.

5. Rumors have the Eagles not interested in offering more than a 5th round draft pick for McCoy. This is quite simply not a high enough pick to justify losing McCoy.

6. The extra cap space is not at all needed. Beane will probably not get anywhere close to spending up to the current $90+ million cap space limit for 2019.

7. Six weeks into the season, the Bills could realistically be tied for first place in the division upon completing what many consider to be the toughest part of their schedule. Deshaun Watson is day-to-day with a chest injury. The Pats play the Chiefs on Sunday. The Dolphins play the Bears. The Buffalo defense is trending toward "elite" status and is already top-10 in several important statistical categories despite that disastrous start to the season. Buffalo's special teams feature the best kicker in the NFL. Like SwampD said, it is the nature of many Buffalo sports fans to always be thinking about building for a more hopeful future rather than living in the present moment and focusing on winning now. It's a mindset that has been molded in part by a 17-year NFL playoff drought and a 7+ year NHL playoff drought. But it's one that needs to stop. Franchise rebuilding projects need not be based on stockpiling super-high draft picks over geological timespans. If Beane, McDermott, JB, Housley, and the Pegulas really want to talk about changing locker room cultures...start by winning games and raising expectations.

My issue with trading McCoy is that the return for a 30 year old running back is sure to be lackluster. I would do it for a 2nd round pick (and then hopefully we IMMEDIATELY use that pick to trade for a WR), but I doubt we'll even get a 3rd for him. If we are talking about a 4th or 5th round pick, clearly his value is greater to the team if he stays.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

My issue with trading McCoy is that the return for a 30 year old running back is sure to be lackluster. I would do it for a 2nd round pick (and then hopefully we IMMEDIATELY use that pick to trade for a WR), but I doubt we'll even get a 3rd for him. If we are talking about a 4th or 5th round pick, clearly his value is greater to the team if he stays.

I guess that depends on your opinion of his value to the Bills. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I guess that depends on your opinion of his value to the Bills. 

His value has been pretty well established in his time with Buffalo. He's been an elite running back and is the only legitimate offensive weapon the team has. He's also a captain.

I get the people who want to plan for the future, but a 4th or 5th round pick is not going to make or break this franchise. You might as well keep the elite player.

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

His value has been pretty well established in his time with Buffalo. He's been an elite running back and is the only legitimate offensive weapon the team has. He's also a captain.

I get the people who want to plan for the future, but a 4th or 5th round pick is not going to make or break this franchise. You might as well keep the elite player.

He hasn't been elite yet this year. The NFL is quick like that. Fred Jackson was awesome, stiff-arming Chris Conte to win the game, helping us to our best record in some time, had a much richer Buffalo history than Shady, and a couple months later he was cut and that was it. 

Like I mentioned above, the captain/locker room angle is the only thing that would pause me trading him for a good return (the one we're rumored to be looking for, not the 5th others , likely correctly, think we'd get). Our only legitimately good game this year had him on the bench with no pads on. 

58 minutes ago, WildCard said:

@JennaCottrell
#Bills Josh Allen just asked Kelvin Benjamin if he wanted to work on routes pregame during warm ups. 

Kelvin’s answer: No

Yeah that's garbage. You're the worst passing offense in the league Kelvin - your $hit needs work

I've never been so willing to dump our "#1" WR for picks than I am right now

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.