Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

31 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

arguably, for not coming forward earlier.

I have no problem blaming someone for that, subsequent beating or not.

edit: And by that, I mean that I have no problem blaming someone for turning the other way if/when a child is being beaten

30 minutes ago, Hoss said:

You said “they” should have done something “far sooner.” You can try to dance around it but what you’re saying is this happened because she failed to do something.

No, I'm saying that I have a major problem with someone looking the other way over multiple vicious beatings of a child. 

Edited by shrader

Let’s just assume the worst about what a member posts instead of recognizing that an internet forum is a lousy communication medium and giving the benefit of the doubt and asking for clarification.  That seems productive.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

It took six posts to victim blame. Impressive.

The alleged victim and the accuser (i.e., the person who made the instagram post) are different people.  If the accuser knew of child abuse and didn't come forward, the accuser is completely blameworthy.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The alleged victim and the accuser (i.e., the person who made the instagram post) are different people.  If the accuser knew of child abuse and didn't come forward, the accuser is completely blameworthy.

That's one of the odd things about this.  I have absolutely no clue who is talking.  And before this triggers another wave of finger pointing, I mean that in the most generic sense possible.  Did that post come from the bloodied girl?  A friend who saw it all?  A friend who heard it from someone else?  Someone who doesn't actually know either person?  A neighbor?  Aud Smell?

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

That's one of the odd things about this.  I have absolutely no clue who is talking.  And before this triggers another wave of finger pointing, I mean that in the most generic sense possible.  Did that post come from the bloodied girl?  A friend who saw it all?  A friend who heard it from someone else?  Someone who doesn't actually know either person?  A neighbor?  Aud Smell?

A friend of McCoy’s girlfriend, Delicia Cordon, has posted what is claimed to be a photo of Cordon with graphic facial injuries, along with a message that contends McCoy is responsible for them. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/10/report-bills-aware-of-allegations-against-lesean-mccoy/

I will note other stories have said Cordon is an Ex GF at this time. 

Edited by LGR4GM

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hey... just poppin in...

There are now unconfirmed reports that McCoy sent "a couple of dudes" to do this and that this girl was his ex gf who refused to leave one of his houses. 

There I was thinking that these allegations could not get worse.

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Fair feckin' point.

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Why, you motherscratcher.

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I will note other stories have said Cordon is an Ex GF at this time. 

Well, yeah - at this time, I'd have to say, for sure.

His Instagram statement is not the best, and could point to this sending someone else to do it, but we'll see how it plays out.  

I'm speaking of the word "direct" in his statement.  It's unnecessary if you've had no contact at all with the person in months.  Basically the difference between "direct contact" and just saying "contact".

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hey... just poppin in...

There are now unconfirmed reports that McCoy sent "a couple of dudes" to do this and that this girl was his ex gf who refused to leave one of his houses. 

Regardless of what the truth is this woman is a victim of some form of physical violence. There’s now multiple people accusing McCoy and claiming he’s got a reputation for such acts. And while the two stories presented by friends of the victim differ it doesn’t mean neither are true or false.

When something this extreme happens people lose their minds. Emotions are high and everybody wants somebody to pay for what happened. We’ll see who is responsible.

20 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Fair point.

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If true, what a reminder that your favorite athletes can be colossally evil human beings. Shady was my dude. 

There were a lot of reports about his conduct during his time on Philly. Most were never substantiated, though. I think the party bus came the closest to really breaking. Regardless, IF he was involved in what happens here, I won't be shocked. 

But yea, definitely not a spot where jumping to conclusions will do anyone any good. We wait. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

This is why it's important to never have heroes. 

Hear, hear.

There are public figures whom I admire. But I put no one on a pedestal.

Not even ...

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Regardless of what the truth is this woman is a victim of some form of physical violence.

Part of the issue right now: We don't even know who that woman is, when the picture was taken, etc. Shoot - there even remains a chance that the photo is not authentic in any way.

I wait for more facts.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

There were a lot of reports about his conduct during his time on Philly. Most were never substantiated, though. I think the party bus came the closest to really breaking. Regardless, IF he was involved in what happens here, I won't be shocked. 

The party bus? 

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Hear, hear.

There are public figures whom I admire. But I put no one on a pedestal.

Not even ...

Part of the issue right now: We don't even know who that woman is, when the picture was taken, etc. Shoot - there even remains a chance that the photo is not authentic in any way.

I wait for more facts.

This is where I always fall when the allegations come out. 

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I wait for more facts.

Exactly.  I probably reacted too early but "I ignored child abuse but I will not ignore this" was how that the initial post read to me.  To me, there's an inconsistency in the whole way that thing was listed out.  It's entirely possible that it was done during an overly emotional state, but everything about it leaves a sick feeling in my stomach.  I'm sure it's a cultural/generational thing, but if something like this is happening, I'm not running to social media immediately.  I at least get police involvement, especially when it's something I want to make public.  Maybe they did, but I would hope that someone from a media source like WGR (that was the initial one posted here, correct?) would find that record before posting his/her response.

I have a very obvious bias against social media postings as a whole.  I'm sure that is very obvious.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.