Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

No doubt. Everybody wants to operate in secrecy.

In my world, it's not so much that, as it is that publicity forces clients to become entrenched and renders settlement difficult.  Yes, even in business disputes.  Take the Cellino & Barnes case:  Once they are forced to take positions through their attorneys' soundbites, it becomes much more important to each of them to not look like "the loser."

In the criminal law world, I'm sure secrecy is a huge concern.

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

In my world, it's not so much that, as it is that publicity forces clients to become entrenched and renders settlement difficult.  Yes, even in business disputes.  Take the Cellino & Barnes case:  Once they are forced to take positions through their attorneys' soundbites, it becomes much more important to each of them to not look like "the loser."

In the criminal law world, I'm sure secrecy is a huge concern.

I can't imagine the don't wait, call 8 people ever losing a case.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I can't be the only one who thinks you should be able to beat someone who won't get out of your house.

Male or female.

I have no gender bias.

Beat? No. I think calling the cops for trespassing is the right call here. One of two outcomes; the trespasser leaves, or they get in a fight with the cops and your problem is solved.

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

So the accusation is that someone entered the home and beat her. Not McCoy. A lot of allusion to McCoy being involved here from the victim’s attorney.

He can accuse him as much as he wants, but without catching the guy who actually did it and have him say McCoy is behind it.

They have no proof at all he is behind this, and he was in Miami himself.    They really don't have much to go on.

15 hours ago, Hoss said:

The TMZ report says EMTs responded to a home on her street Monday morning. They didn’t specifically say it’s her home. There are three homes on her street.

Police have now confirmed they’re investigating.

Well yeah they have to investigate the home invasion, but they can't link McCoy to it unless they catch someone.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

He can accuse him as much as he wants, but without catching the guy who actually did it and have him say McCoy is behind it.

They have no proof at all he is behind this, and he was in Miami himself.    They really don't have much to go on.

I very much doubt that catching this knuckle head will be an issue.

What if the victim id’s the assailant? And says he’s one of McCoy’s crew? And says the guy was demanding that she return gifts McCoy had given to her? And leave McCoy’s house?

That’d be quite a bit to go on. And it sounds like some or all of that is already in hand.

And that’s to say nothing of the chance that this guy will flip on McCoy rather than face whatever huge sentence the DA will threaten him with.

Edited by That Aud Smell

23 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I very much doubt that catching this knuckle head will be an issue.

What if the victim id’s the assailant? And says he’s one of McCoy’s crew? And says the guy was demanding that she return gifts McCoy had given to her? And leave McCoy’s house?

That’d be quite a bit to go on. And it sounds like some or all of that is already in hand.

And that’s to say nothing of the chance that this guy will flip on McCoy rather than face whatever huge sentence the DA will threaten him with. 

So, on the day they are to go to court to find out if she has to leave his house, he sends someone to beat her up and kick her out of his house.

mmm, k.

sumpin stinks.

43 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, on the day they are to go to court to find out if she has to leave his house, he sends someone to beat her up and kick her out of his house.

mmm, k.

sumpin stinks.

Yes.  Either he did something incredibly stupid, or she did something incredibly stupid.

There is the small chance that it was a random home invasion and simply coincidental.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yes.  Either he did something incredibly stupid, or she did something incredibly stupid.

There is the small chance that it was a random home invasion and simply coincidental.

Exactly

Also.. is his name LeSean or LeShawn?

Cuz her lawyer wrote it as LeShawn.  Are we even talking about the same person?

And yes... it doesn't really matter, but man... if his name is LeSean.. at least spell it right.

I have a million crazy theories on this.  I can't wait to find out which one is accurate.

36 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I can also see a scenario where a buddy decides to go there on his own and then things get out of hand quickly.  So that's a case where neither McCoy or the ex-girlfriend did something stupid.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Also.. is his name LeSean or LeShawn?

Cuz her lawyer wrote it as LeShawn.  Are we even talking about the same person?

And yes... it doesn't really matter, but man... if his name is LeSean.. at least spell it right.

I have a million crazy theories on this.  I can't wait to find out which one is accurate.

Is that an attempt to dance around the possible defamation that runs pretty thick in that statement?  Sometimes I wish people didn't have to hide behind all the lawyer speak and would just come right out and say it.  The lawyer of the woman from the original post was definitely worried about defamation issues.

13 hours ago, Ogre said:

I had read about this awhile ago but I thought it had been resolved. What the hell was the big rift over anyways?

I think one of them was caught doing something shady in a case and the other sued to get him out of the firm or something to that effect.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Police have already stated this was not a random act.

The home also has video surveillance which I’m sure police are already on if McCoy didn’t destroy it or turn it off.

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Police have already stated this was not a random act.

The home also has video surveillance which I’m sure police are already on if McCoy didn’t destroy it or turn it off.

Which would be super suspicious if he did. 

52 minutes ago, shrader said:

Is that an attempt to dance around the possible defamation that runs pretty thick in that statement?  Sometimes I wish people didn't have to hide behind all the lawyer speak and would just come right out and say it.  The lawyer of the woman from the original post was definitely worried about defamation issues.

No, it's just a misspelling.  Also, the woman took down the post at the request of Cordon's attorney and not her own.

48 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think one of them was caught doing something shady in a case and the other sued to get him out of the firm or something to that effect.

One of them objected to the firm hiring the other one's daughter.  That was the spark.  Then all sorts of stuff started flying across the aisle.  I'm sure they've been doing shady things in cases--the Fourth Department explicitly found so.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No, it's just a misspelling.  Also, the woman took down the post at the request of Cordon's attorney and not her own.

It seems like the kind of thing a lawyer should know better than to do, especially with something that you're releasing to the public.

41 minutes ago, Eleven said:

One of them objected to the firm hiring the other one's daughter.  That was the spark.  Then all sorts of stuff started flying across the aisle.  I'm sure they've been doing shady things in cases--the Fourth Department explicitly found so.

Years ago back in the middle of when the firm had their brief name change, I stopped at a bar on my way home after after a Sabres-Bruins game, fairly far away from their arena.  A random girl starts asking me about my Sabres jersey.  Long story short, she tells me she's the daughter of one of the two, I forget which one.  Anyway, I wonder if that's the same daughter.

27 minutes ago, shrader said:

It seems like the kind of thing a lawyer should know better than to do, especially with something that you're releasing to the public.

There are plenty of lawyers out there who can't string a sentence together.

That letter-statement-press-release was very unimpressive work product.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.