Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

This is a really good point. A really good one.

And I'm gonna say: Brandon not being around seems like the most logical reason that there's less ... OTA scuttlebutt out there.

I did catch something on the Twitter about how Josh Allen is totally wow'ing everyone with his attitude, preparation, etc. It was published by Upstate News or something, and it turned out to be a report on something Chris Simms (?) said on a podcast. Simms, IIRC, is one of Allen's mentors/personal coaches, so, the guy's biased (he admitted as much) and, as a result, the report didn't mean much to me.

I read that tweet/article as well. I also think it might be attributed to the BN Bills Blitz paywall which means I'm not reading any of the dozens of articles that the Buffalo News writers are putting out on how OTA's and training camp is going.

The thing is that I really kind of want to know how our QB situation is progressing through each practice, and I legitimately can't find any information.

Getting back to the Bills - I find it interesting that this year seems really quiet in terms of OTA news compared to past years. I would have expected with the rookie franchise QB in tow now we would have a media frenzy dissecting his every move.

Maybe it is the changing of the guard from prior front offices (or the departure of Brandon?)

Only 2 of the 8 OTA sessions have been open to the media.     All 4 this week are private. 

My college buddy works for WGR, is on the radio. He actually quit his job because the Bills drafted Josh Allen

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/06/wgr_producer_follows_through_on_quitting_due_to_buffalo_bills_drafting_josh_alle.html

Quite randomly, saw a live stream on Twitter last night from an upstart DIY sports content maker — called Trainwreck Sports, iirc — in which Gates appeared. He stated there that the reason he looked for other work, and then the reason he left, was because the Bills selected Allen.

He didn’t seem to be kidding atall. The hosts of the show, such as it was, were heartily amused. At one point, one of them said “that is the most millennial thing ever.”

Quite randomly, saw a live stream on Twitter last night from an upstart DIY sports content maker — called Trainwreck Sports, iirc — in which Gates appeared. He stated there that the reason he looked for other work, and then the reason he left, was because the Bills selected Allen.

He didn’t seem to be kidding atall. The hosts of the show, such as it was, were heartily amused. At one point, one of them said “that is the most millennial thing ever.”

Someone who would quit a job based solely on a Bills player decision (not that this person actually exists) is someone who is destined for unemployment.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMJgqRrZEMKL

conversation is at the ~16:45 mark.

based on comments made prior in the segment, my sense is that Gates has hopes of crafting a comedy/sports content career a la Big Kat and PFT Commenter. further along the same line: leaving WGR could be a combination of pursuing a personal preference, leaving a job with no real opportunity to advance yourself, and pulling a bit of a stunt intended to launch your next creative venture.

Edited by That Aud Smell

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1jMJgqRrZEMKL

conversation is at the ~16:45 mark.

based on comments made prior in the segment, my sense is that Gates has hopes of crafting a comedy/sports content career a la Big Kat and PFT Commenter. further along the same line: leaving WGR could be a combination of pursuing a personal preference, leaving a job with no real opportunity to advance yourself, and pulling a bit of a stunt intended to launch your next creative venture.

Still blows my mind that barstool has blown up so much

It's almost like there are a ton of people out there who like that kinda dreck. 

Mean they were very close to going bankrupt before they found an investor. They really were just a cult following until the last year or so, and now they're knocking on ESPN's door, which has been in business for almost 50 years

I enjoy Pardon My Take. And I dabble in Spittin' Chiclets (sp). But I get the sense there's a lot of content there that I would not like.

Pardon My Take?  I realize that there are so many of these type of shows out there today, but they couldn't possibly rip off ESPN any more with that one if they tried.

Pardon My Take?  I realize that there are so many of these type of shows out there today, but they couldn't possibly rip off ESPN any more with that one if they tried.

The name of the show is a meta-joke that, yes, riffs off the names of two shows that are/were on the W.W.L.

Have you listened to the show? They're not ripping off ESPN -- they are burying it and delivering a eulogy at its funeral.

They got a cease and desist for it, not sure whatever happened with that though.

They got a cease and desist for it, not sure whatever happened with that though.

I'm pretty sure they turned it into a week's worth of content on the show.

There's a lot about Barstool -- and specifically the unabashed douche who runs the show there (is his name Portnoy?) -- that I know is not to my taste. But they're well on their way to surpassing ESPN, or at least being part of the wave that will crash over ESPN like a tsunami. It's how these things tend to work. 

^^

haha - perfect.

I don't even know what barstool sports is. Am I a real sports fan?

Sure you are.

The only product of theirs that I recommend is Pardon My Take. It's fun and smart. PFT Commenter has done for sports what Stephen Colbert did for political discourse.

The only product of theirs that I recommend is Pardon My Take. It's fun and smart. PFT Commenter has done for sports what Stephen Colbert did for political discourse.

I love all their stuff. I am an unabashed douche though, so there's that

The name of the show is a meta-joke that, yes, riffs off the names of two shows that are/were on the W.W.L.

Have you listened to the show? They're not ripping off ESPN -- they are burying it and delivering a eulogy at its funeral.

I've come across very little of their stuff.  But what I have seen has been far too Boston for my tastes.

Mean they were very close to going bankrupt before they found an investor. They really were just a cult following until the last year or so, and now they're knocking on ESPN's door, which has been in business for almost 50 years

Wild, ESPN doesn’t turn 40 until September 2019. As I am older than ESPN please do not rush it to its 50th Anniversary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.