Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Yeah his Twitter feed is unbearable.

'If you took a sheet of paper and laid it end to end across the equator, then how did Trump win the election without Russian interference?'

The sheet of paper is going to get wet and too soggy and it's just not going to work out.

But yes, there was Russian interference.  There also are a lot of people who get off on hate.  2 x 2 = 4, and he won.

I have, and it's made me hate a man I used to truly admire and enjoy listening to. He has no bloody idea how politics and political behavior work, yet pontificates anyway.

He's brilliant, and should be smart enough to know saying "I don't know" is okay.

And I mean that and this with all the respect in the world because he is the only one close to being what is a vital position in pop-culture in my opinion. I'm hard on the guy because we need him badly and he has all the potential in the world as somebody to keep American passion and basic understanding of current science alive.

And I mean that and this with all the respect in the world because he is the only one close to being what is a vital position in pop-culture in my opinion. I'm hard on the guy because we need him badly and he has all the potential in the world as somebody to keep American passion and basic understanding of current science alive.

Right? I once listened to him passionately advocate for the value of manned space flight, Mars, and hot damn if I wasn't inspired to pony up the bucks for it. I loved his narration on Cosmos. So much potential to be a voice for science, and achievement and aiming for new learning...and he chooses to make a moron of himself on Twitter.

My college buddy works for WGR, is on the radio. He actually quit his job because the Bills drafted Josh Allen

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/06/wgr_producer_follows_through_on_quitting_due_to_buffalo_bills_drafting_josh_alle.html

I saw that. Funny that you know Ryan Gates

There's no way he actually did that for solely that reason, right? He was probably leaving anyway?

I saw that. Funny that you know Ryan Gates

There's no way he actually did that for solely that reason, right? He was probably leaving anyway?

It'd be ... it'd be funking stooopid if he legit chose to leave strictly because the Bills chose Allen and he'd said he'd quit if that came to pass with Mayfield or Rosen still on the board.

There's gotta be more at play. The most likely factor being that he was strongly considering a move anyway, for whatever reason(s).

Can we PLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASE get these political football threads merged into one single thread? It is EXTREMELY confusing to figure out where to put posts regarding whether or not particular Bills are joining the midfield prayer circle after the game & whether anyone from the other team joins the circle & who is tweeting about it.

(Get it, political football, double entendre, pretty slick, eh?)

:p

Sorry. Will slink away now until there is actually something newsworthy coming out of OBD.

:beer:

(Mods: please feel free to delete this sad attempt at humor.)

Getting back to the Bills - I find it interesting that this year seems really quiet in terms of OTA news compared to past years. I would have expected with the rookie franchise QB in tow now we would have a media frenzy dissecting his every move.

Maybe it is the changing of the guard from prior front offices (or the departure of Brandon?)

Getting back to the Bills - I find it interesting that this year seems really quiet in terms of OTA news compared to past years. I would have expected with the rookie franchise QB in tow now we would have a media frenzy dissecting his every move.

Maybe it is the changing of the guard from prior front offices (or the departure of Brandon?)

This is a really good point. A really good one.

And I'm gonna say: Brandon not being around seems like the most logical reason that there's less ... OTA scuttlebutt out there.

I did catch something on the Twitter about how Josh Allen is totally wow'ing everyone with his attitude, preparation, etc. It was published by Upstate News or something, and it turned out to be a report on something Chris Simms (?) said on a podcast. Simms, IIRC, is one of Allen's mentors/personal coaches, so, the guy's biased (he admitted as much) and, as a result, the report didn't mean much to me.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I feel like the same can be said about any of the 1st round QBs.  I don't pay too close attention but I usually have a decent feel for what is being discussed.  This year I can't say that I've heard them mentioned much, or at all.  I wouldn't expect too much about Lamar Jackson due to the gap between the draft picks, but the others I definitely would have expected more chatter.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.