Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I can't see it on Twitter, but there's talk of a significant development. Maybe the estranged girlfriend walking back her story re McCoy being involved?

So, can I start victim shaming McCoy?

Actually, this is sort of equivocal. Here's the quote (which does not contain a quote):

Cordon's attorney Tanya Mitchell Graham told CBS News the jewelry were birthday presents from McCoy. Graham also said her client is no longer certain the NFL star was involved in the attack.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

That sounds like a pretty material walk-back.

As is often the case, we may be be left wondering if the walk-back was prompted by the tender of cash or other valuable consideration. Although, a turnaround that quick would be pretty remarkable.

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

As is often the case, we may be be left wondering if the walk-back was prompted by the tender of cash or other valuable consideration. Although, a turnaround that quick would be pretty remarkable.

Given the way the allegations were made, it probably kicked any response planning into overdrive. 

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

There are quite a few possible scenarios that might have led to the walk-back, including the possibility of the attorney realizing that the ex-GF was lying about the whole thing.

Except there may not have been a walk back. Attorney later clarified saying they just realize they need evidence to back up the claims.

47 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

There are quite a few possible scenarios that might have led to the walk-back, including the possibility of the attorney realizing that the ex-GF was lying about the whole thing.

"Lying about the whole thing" is more than a little stretch. Lying about McCoy's involvement, sure. But she was obviously beaten, unless she hired a Hollywood-caliber makeup artist. 

The attorney seems like she’s trying to find her sea legs a bit. Her written statement regarding the incident definitely implied McCoy’s involvement. Now I think she’s realized the risk associated with making those kinds of statements without knowing what the facts will bear out.

Also: What’s with the bed sheet out the second floor window and the missing 16 year old? Did the assailant use that bed sheet as a means of escape (cliche!), or was it the kid who skipped out after hours?

I did see the report that the kid Uber’d back home and was no longer missing. Was his absence tied to the incident somehow? Or just coincidental?

Edited by That Aud Smell

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

The attorney seems like she’s trying to find her sea legs a bit. Her written statement regarding the incident definitely implied McCoy’s involvement. Now I think she’s realized the risk associated with making those kinds of statements without knowing what the facts will bear out.

Also: What’s with the bed sheet out the second floor window and the missing 16 year old? Did the assailant use that bed sheet as a means of escape (cliche!), or was it the kid who skipped out after hours?

I did see the report that the kid Uber’d back home and was no longer missing. Was his absence tied to the incident somehow? Or just coincidental?

The attorney definitely strikes me as not having been even remotely prepared for a case of this magnitude and scrutiny. Maybe that's not the case,  and the client and/or client's friend is problematic, but it sure seems that way. 

17 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

The attorney definitely strikes me as not having been even remotely prepared for a case of this magnitude and scrutiny.

Oh ya. She seems out of her depth. That doesn't mean she can't learn to swim real quick, of course. Her decision to get the social media content taken down and then soften their position just a bit (in that interview most recently where CBS reported the former GF is no longer sure (although no quote from the attorney)) seem to suggest that the lawyer's trying to take a more deliberate approach to the matter.

56 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

"Lying about the whole thing" is more than a little stretch. Lying about McCoy's involvement, sure. But she was obviously beaten, unless she hired a Hollywood-caliber makeup artist.  

OK -- but McCoy's involvement is pretty much "the whole thing."  If someone unconnected with McCoy beat her up and she decided to claim it was engineered by McCoy, I think it's fair to describe that as "lying about the whole thing." 

I suppose YMMV.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

OK -- but McCoy's involvement is pretty much "the whole thing."  If someone unconnected with McCoy beat her up and she decided to claim it was engineered by McCoy, I think it's fair to describe that as "lying about the whole thing." 

I suppose YMMV.

Your skepticism with respect to female accusers always seems to be a little too eager. 

Is it really a walk back?  The comments pointing the finger at McCoy were from the cousin and friend, weren't they?  There's some suggestion from the original lawyer statement and this most recent comment is pretty much right in line with that, suggesting it was him but not being able to outright say it.

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

Is it really a walk back?  The comments pointing the finger at McCoy were from the cousin and friend, weren't they?  There's some suggestion from the original lawyer statement and this most recent comment is pretty much right in line with that, suggesting it was him but not being able to outright say it.

From the 911 call (from the ex-GF): 

"He took a diamond bracelet off my wrist,” Cordon said. “He just kept asking for jewelry. I think it has something to do with my ex-boyfriend.”

9 minutes ago, shrader said:

"I think"

On one hand she probably thinks that because he's been trying to get her out of the house, and it was gifts from him. I mean, the police had been there 3 times already, for this; two for domestic dispute, one because McCoy had hired people to move hist stuff out of her house. The last one doesn't seem like anything bad on his part

Police records show that that she and McCoy had argued about jewelry he wanted returned a year earlier. The records also show McCoy tried to kick her out of his house and had removed furniture and other items multiple times.

Over the next month, McCoy filed paperwork three times with Fulton County magistrate court to try to evict Cordon.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/07/12/police-called-three-times-to-mccoys-house-before-ex-girlfriend-reported-assault/

Edited by WildCard

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Of all the stuff coming out of the attorney today I'm most interested in her claims that McCoy never asked her to move out or attempted evict her. It appears court records show otherwise, but maybe I'm missing something.

They do. The article above has it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.