Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

the top - and the guy's been ... "clean" for so long (I mean, I guess?) - that some restraint seems appropriate.

I don't know a thing about him as to whether or not he could be the type to do something like this.  I just have a hard time understanding how their could not be a police report tied into that picture.  Does that just mean that there's no report that mentions him specifically or no report at all tied into the woman in the picture?

Edited by shrader

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Okay - I hear you, I think.

I was already seeing a lot of bemoaning of the Bills' fortunes on Twitter. Heard your post in the same way. My bad.

I'm not allowed to bemoan the Bill's fortunes as well as not want someone to be beaten?

Edited by SwampD

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

So they're cool with him "viciously" beating the kid but draw the line at beating the woman?  If it's true, they (not quite sure who "they" are) should have done something far sooner.  I can't help but be skeptical, especially when it comes from twitter instead of the police. 

It took six posts to victim blame. Impressive.

Just now, shrader said:

Snark aside, can we at least verify that there is a victim before we actually call it victim blaming?  This whole thing is just odd at this point.

Unless that’s makeup there’s a victim. I’m not making a claim about what actually happened.

But you should also consider what you just said because you directly addressed what the caption said instead of waiting to “verify” anything.

Some of our legal experts would need to chime in on this but wouldn’t the victim need to be the one to file a police report? She’s in extremely rough shape in that photo and may have been living in fear for some time now considering the allegations about a history of violence in the home. She may be afraid and the post from her friend could be them standing up for her since she’s afraid to go there herself.

Just now, N S said:

Did you not start it?

Maybe lock it, even temporarily, before it gets out of hand.

I'll lock it when/if I need to. For now let's just see how it plays out. A temp lock right now will just let this all fester and explode once it's unlocked anyways

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Some of our legal experts would need to chime in on this but wouldn’t the victim need to be the one to file a police report? She’s in extremely rough shape in that photo and may have been living in fear for some time now considering the allegations about a history of violence in the home. She may be afraid and the post from her friend could be them standing up for her since she’s afraid to go there herself.

In Canada the police can file a report themselves if the victim is not able / willing to do so.

Just now, Hoss said:

Unless that’s makeup there’s a victim. I’m not making a claim about what actually happened.

But you should also consider what you just said because you directly addressed what the caption said instead of waiting to “verify” anything.

I should rephrase that to "a victim of McCoy". But anyway, I have a serious problem with someone looking the other way when a child takes vicious beatings.  That doesn't mean they deserve one of their own.

There's no need to verify anything when I take this stance.  I am using the exact scenario laid out by the twitter poster, child beaten first, woman beaten later.  Real or not, that is how she described it.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

I should rephrase that to "a victim of McCoy". But anyway, I have a serious problem with someone looking the other way when a child takes vicious beatings.  That doesn't mean they deserve one of their own.

There's no need to verify anything when I take this stance.  I am using the exact scenario laid out by the twitter poster, child beaten first, woman beaten later.  Real or not, that is how she described it.

Okay, so if you don’t need to verify then I don’t need  to verify to respond. You are blaming the victim in your scenario.

I have a serious issue with anyone who stands by as anyone is being abused, but if he can do that then she knows her life was always in danger. Victims of domestic abuse often don’t leave because they fear they can’t.

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm not allowed to bemoan the Bill's fortunes as well as not want someone to be beaten?

I mean, I guess?

22 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Of course. I'd just hope they're properly prioritized. Many on Twitter are, ahem, not. 

Yeah.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

What exactly am I blaming her for?

arguably, for not coming forward earlier.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Just now, shrader said:

What exactly am I blaming her for?

You said “they” should have done something “far sooner.” You can try to dance around it but what you’re saying is this happened because she failed to do something.

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

You said “they” should have done something “far sooner.” You can try to dance around it but what you’re saying is this happened because she failed to do something.

He never said that, but whatever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.