Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23725064/new-england-patriots-wr-julian-edelman-facing-four-game-suspension

Edelman facing a 4-game suspension for PEDs. I hope he wins the appeal because we all know nobody associated with that organization would ever cheat.

I find myself so entertained with every tiny thing that goes wrong for that organization, for some reason, even though it never seems to matter.

I find myself so entertained with every tiny thing that goes wrong for that organization, for some reason, even though it never seems to matter.

Nope.  It never does matter.  New England always is the victim of some vast conspiracy.  Never has it, or its players, cheated.  It's amazing.

a phenomenal talent. and a total diva.

I love it! He's probably the 3rd greatest WR ever to live and the voters left him out of the HOF for 2 years because he wasn't nice to them? What the heck?

I love it! He's probably the 3rd greatest WR ever to live and the voters left him out of the HOF for 2 years because he wasn't nice to them? What the heck?

That's what you get when writer nerds are allowed to vote for sports HoFs.  It should be just like court, a jury of your peers.

I think this is right. For the life of me, I don't know why sportswriters have a role in the process, let alone the role.

At best they should have the equivalent of the fan all star vote, their collective decision counts as a single vote. I'm not sure how many leagues actually do that with a fan vote, but I know that they've done that with the Hobey in the past. You make them think they have a say, but they're really just Alaska in a presidential election.

Edited by shrader

At best they should have the equivalent of the fan all start vote, their collective decision counts as a single vote.  I'm not sure how many leagues actually do that with a fan vote, but I know that they've done that with the Hobey in the past.  You make them think they have a say, but they're really just Alaska everyone in a presidential election.

Someone who would quit a job based solely on a Bills player decision (not that this person actually exists) is someone who is destined for unemployment.

I dunno. I admire his integrity to follow through and back up his words. No matter the consequences. As a Skins fan, I remember Sean Salisbury on TV a few years ago claiming if the Skins made the playoffs, he’d walk the DMV in his underwear. Well, the Skins made the playoffs and he never honored his wager. Just a blow hard.

I think this is right. For the life of me, I don't know why sportswriters have a role in the process, let alone the role.

Most likely a vestige from when most, if not all, of the "fame" a player had came from readers imaginings based on the prose they read w/ their fingers glued (w/ sticky black ink) to the AP/UPI story about their hero's latest exploits in the local fish wrapper.

And once the sports writers/ journalists got control, they certainly weren't going to give it up willingly.

At best they should have the equivalent of the fan all start vote, their collective decision counts as a single vote.  I'm not sure how many leagues actually do that with a fan vote, but I know that they've done that with the Hobey in the past.  You make them think they have a say, but they're really just Alaska in a presidential election.

For what it's worth, a vote in Alaska is one of the most valuable in the nation, in a way.  Alaska had 3 electoral votes with only 318,608 turnout.  That's one electoral vote per 106,202 voters.  Only Vermont (one per 105,022), DC (one per 103,756), and Wyoming (one per 85,283) had more valuable electoral votes in the last election.

For what it's worth, a vote in Alaska is one of the most valuable in the nation, in a way. Alaska had 3 electoral votes with only 318,608 turnout. That's one electoral vote per 106,202 voters. Only Vermont (one per 105,022), DC (one per 103,756), and Wyoming (one per 85,283) had more valuable electoral votes in the last election.

People need to stop taking things literally.

For what it's worth, a vote in Alaska is one of the most valuable in the nation, in a way. Alaska had 3 electoral votes with only 318,608 turnout. That's one electoral vote per 106,202 voters. Only Vermont (one per 105,022), DC (one per 103,756), and Wyoming (one per 85,283) had more valuable electoral votes in the last election.

what I am hearing is they need to be downgraded on electoral college votes

I dunno. I admire his integrity to follow through and back up his words. No matter the consequences. As a Skins fan, I remember Sean Salisbury on TV a few years ago claiming if the Skins made the playoffs, he’d walk the DMV in his underwear. Well, the Skins made the playoffs and he never honored his wager. Just a blow hard.

I was going to say something about integrity, thanks for doing it for me. I like it, make a promise, stick by it. In this, he's certainly not the first person to quit a job after the company went in a direction he didn't like.

what I am hearing is they need to be downgraded on electoral college votes

Never going to happen. Like sports writers, low-population states have some extra power (even if it doesn't make sense) and they're never going to give it up.

I was going to say something about integrity, thanks for doing it for me. I like it, make a promise, stick by it. In this, he's certainly not the first person to quit a job after the company went in a direction he didn't like.

Never going to happen. Like sports writers, low-population states have some extra power (even if it doesn't make sense) and they're never going to give it up.

There's not really much they can do. Every state gets a minimum of 3 electoral college votes because each state gets a minimum of 3 congressmen (2 Senators and at least one House member based on population break downs per the census). I think it strikes a pretty good balance giving the Senate equal representation per state and the House getting representation based on population with the EC mirroring that compromise.

From reading the reports it sounds like QB will go from being a questionable position in the Bills offense to being one of the strengths, regardless of who actually starts.  Supposedly all three quarterbacks are improving rapidly in running the offense.  And in the interview I read, it sounds like Shady has an absolute mancrush on Josh Allen.  I think the "it" factor that Allen will bring that Tyrod never did is that Allen will be shown to have that charisma that a natural leader has.... that vibe and swagger that we haven't had at QB since Kelly.

I'm also excited about the secondary.  I haven't been this geeked up about the Bills going into a new season in I can't remember when.

I'm calling it:  Bills will sweep the Pats this year.  :w00t:

From reading the reports it sounds like QB will go from being a questionable position in the Bills offense to being one of the strengths, regardless of who actually starts. Supposedly all three quarterbacks are improving rapidly in running the offense. And in the interview I read, it sounds like Shady has an absolute mancrush on Josh Allen. I think the "it" factor that Allen will bring that Tyrod never did is that Allen will be shown to have that charisma that a natural leader has.... that vibe and swagger that we haven't had at QB since Kelly.

I'm also excited about the secondary. I haven't been this geeked up about the Bills going into a new season in I can't remember when.

I'm calling it: Bills will sweep the Pats this year. :w00t:

I don't know how you do it. Edmunds looks like the real deal but I can't get a record setting unreal turnover ratio out of my head. This defense was taking the ball away better than any D in NFL history for the first half of the season. That's when the kool aid drinkers will tell me it's totally sustainable and trust the process. They aren't going to do that again. They will regress to the mean with a possible course correction in store.

I also don't see any significant improvement in QB production. Tyrod had his flaws but he minimized mistakes. Something I don't see happening this season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.