Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

Exactly.  I probably reacted too early but "I ignored child abuse but I will not ignore this" was how that the initial post read to me.  To me, there's an inconsistency in the whole way that thing was listed out.  It's entirely possible that it was done during an overly emotional state, but everything about it leaves a sick feeling in my stomach.  I'm sure it's a cultural/generational thing, but if something like this is happening, I'm not running to social media immediately.  I at least get police involvement, especially when it's something I want to make public.  Maybe they did, but I would hope that someone from a media source like WGR (that was the initial one posted here, correct?) would find that record before posting his/her response.

I have a very obvious bias against social media postings as a whole.  I'm sure that is very obvious.

I also read her post as being “I stood by when x but won’t stand by when y.” But then I got yelled at for reading your plain text in such a presumptious manner.

And now I read this post from you as “she didn’t handle this how I would have so I question the legitimacy.”

Just now, nfreeman said:

Well, either McCoy or the accuser is a dirtbag, depending on which one is telling the truth.

Both very well could be. To what level is the next step here.

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Like that girl from the party bus?

I'm sayin'.

I only read what TrueBlue posted about that earlier, so I have no idea where it went after that.  What wound up happening?

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

I also read her post as being “I stood by when x but won’t stand by when y.” But then I got yelled at for reading your plain text in such a presumptious manner.

And now I read this post from you as “she didn’t handle this how I would have so I question the legitimacy.”

And your point?

Per another friend of the alleged victim:

“This is my beautiful best friend Delicia Cordon. I can’t believe this!! Sending dudes in her house to pistol whip and rob her!! For what?! Now the world knows what we know!!! You will pay for this.. You will NOT get away with this!!!!”

Per TMZ

We’ve learned LeSean and Delicia have had a contentious relationship for a while -- according to docs obtained by TMZ Sports, McCoy went to court in June seeking to get a judge’s order forcing to her to move out of a home he owns in Alpharetta, Georgia.

In court docs, McCoy wrote ... “Defendant is ex-girlfriend of owner/plaintiff and refuses to leave.”

He also wanted the judge to force Delicia to return all of his items that were in her possession.

In fact, the two sides were scheduled to appear in court on the matter TODAY -- but it might get pushed due to a medical emergency involving a member of her lawyer’s family.

The TMZ story also states court records show she says that on May 28th McCoy talked with her about getting married.

Two days later he went to OTAs and she went to Virginia for a graduation. McCoy sent people to the home he was kicking her out of to remove stuff. She contacted police and had them stopped.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/10/lesean-mccoy-investiagtion-domestic-violence-attack/?adid=article.readmore.click#continued

Anyone else bothered by the word "direct" in McCoy's Instagram statement?  Especially in light of the early reports of sending dudes after her?  Stuck out big time to me as unnecessary and as an unneeded qualifier if he indeed was not part of this.  I craft and negotiate language for a living, though, so it may just be me.

11 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Anyone else bothered by the word "direct" in McCoy's Instagram statement?  Especially in light of the early reports of sending dudes after her?  Stuck out big time to me as unnecessary and as an unneeded qualifier if he indeed was not part of this.  I craft and negotiate language for a living, though, so it may just be me.

If there's a court appearance scheduled for today, there's probably going to be contact between the two in some form.  If nothing else, the legal speak is probably going to be very fresh in your mind as you're preparing.

The Instagram post is apparently from early this morning according to ESPN

Earlier Tuesday, an unidentified Instagram user posted a graphic image of a woman with cuts and bruises on her face along with a message that accused McCoy of beating the woman. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24057461/lesean-mccoy-says-accusations-domestic-violence-child-abuse-completely-false

Edited by LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So the assumption would be that the wounds are from last night, but has anything actually said that?  That would be what some of the posts saying that they're trying to find any actual medical or police report would be looking for, I'm sure.  The whole thing is coming from such a strange path.

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

Do any of the links give a date for when the potential attack happened?

The TMZ report says EMTs responded to a home on her street Monday morning. They didn’t specifically say it’s her home. There are three homes on her street.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

So the assumption would be that the wounds are from last night, but has anything actually said that?  That would be what some of the posts saying that they're trying to find any actual medical or police report would be looking for, I'm sure.  The whole thing is coming from such a strange path.

Police have now confirmed they’re investigating.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shrader said:

This update just came out:

Charles RobinsonVerified account @CharlesRobinson 11m11 minutes ago

Updating the LeSean McCoy story, the Milton Police Department in Georgia is still preparing a police report on the alleged incident. Extremely early in the process of investigation. Department has already been contacted by #NFL and #Bills.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Original Instagram post has been taken down (deleted).

Not sure what the might signify. Possible that the cops could have asked for it to be removed?

Methinks lawyers and law enforcement don’t appreciate the way social media impacts cases.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Original Instagram post has been taken down (deleted).

Not sure what the might signify. Possible that the cops could have asked for it to be removed?

Why would they though?  It's already out there and screen grabbed a million times.  You can't close that door.  I'd imagine that countless more people have heard of it from a source other than instagram at this point.

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

Why would they though?  It's already out there and screen grabbed a million times.  You can't close that door.  I'd imagine that countless more people have heard of it from a source other than instagram at this point.

Yeah - I'm not sure. Like trying to put the genie back in the bottle.

Of course, it's entirely possible that the post was deleted for other reasons. Myriad other reasons, in fact.

Bills statement: “We have spoken to LeSean and have been in contact with the National Football League. We will continue to gather information.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.