Moulson waived

pi2000

I suspect Matt and Jason spoke on this. Jason made a call to the Kings and done deal.

This is actually what the Pegulas were talking about, making Buffalo a hockey destination. Honoring their players contracts and/or wishes if things don't work out.

If FA's ask Matt about Buffalo, the area, if he believed in what they're trying to build and how the organization treats players, I highly suspect the answer will be overwhelmingly positive (John Tavares, you listening?).

Smooth move by all involved. Good luck in your future endeavors Matt. Thank you for believing enough in what the Sabres are doing to re-sign here and try to be a part of it. Sorry it didn't work out.

They tried to trade him. Moulson basically said he'd go anywhere and nothing happened.

This is how you treat a guy. I agree with your take and it reflects well on the organization.

Unless you were in Socal in 2015, there wasn't minot league hockey there. And it's not a dis at all. They did him a favor.

No, I lived there in the 80s.  My point was it was hard to imagine any kind of professional hockey there.

I suppose waiving him was the dis.  The quote "because they didn't want to take away from young forwards' ice time" was just piling on.

Edited by Doohickie

No, I lived there in the 80s.  My point was it was hard to imagine any kind of professional hockey there.

I suppose waiving him was the dis.  The quote "because they didn't want to take away from young forwards' ice time" was just piling on.

It was the truth.  The AHL is a developmental league.  Why screw up winning chemistry with a disgruntled vet like Moulson.  Enjoy SoCal Matt.

Time for her to do one up for either Bogosian or Okposo next.

Maybe but they both work hard are not cancers... if Bogo could only stay healthy... give it another month after xmas and see where they are at.

but he really isn’t if you know Southern California, so many people living there on top of each other

Depends on where San Diego area isnt bad and northern LA just north of Ontario in the hills are nice.

Maybe but they both work hard are not cancers... if Bogo could only stay healthy... give it another month after xmas and see where they are at.

Depends on where San Diego area isnt bad and northern LA just north of Ontario in the hills are nice.

Moulson wasn't a cancer either. He just wasn't any good any more. I'm fine with Bogo since his cap hit goes away (if we actually need the space) whenever he's on IR. Okposo's contract will be a big anchor within another year or two. If we could move him before that happens, we'd be better off.

You know, I just remembered she did Okposo when he was an Islander. And look what happened.  :lol:

Time for a new one. Or she could just swap out the logos and change the orange parts to yellow.

Question:  The articles about the waiving of Moulson mentions that Jbot and Wowie have been discussing this for weeks.  Why did they need a couple of weeks to make this decision? This implies that they agonized over the decision.  Why? I can't imagine what facts were holding them back from letting him go.  It's been obvious for years that Matt no longer had the game to stay in the NHL.  He should have been waived at the start of the season and his slot given to someone else.

Question: The articles about the waiving of Moulson mentions that Jbot and Wowie have been discussing this for weeks. Why did they need a couple of weeks to make this decision? This implies that they agonized over the decision. Why? I can't imagine what facts were holding them back from letting him go. It's been obvious for years that Matt no longer had the game to stay in the NHL. He should have been waived at the start of the season and his slot given to someone else.

It was probably a matter of logistics. Housley was probably ready before Botterill, but Botterill didn't want Moulson on the Amerks. So he had to find somewhere to send Matty Mo. Enter the Ontario Reign. I bet that took some convincing, but I expect that agreement was in place before he waived Moulson and all that was left was talking Matt into it.

It was probably a matter of logistics. Housley was probably ready before Botterill, but Botterill didn't want Moulson on the Amerks. So he had to find somewhere to send Matty Mo. Enter the Ontario Reign. I bet that took some convincing, but I expect that agreement was in place before he waived Moulson and all that was left was talking Matt into it.

Maybe MM and his agent came up with the idea given that his wife's sis is married to Quick ? 

Question:  The articles about the waiving of Moulson mentions that Jbot and Wowie have been discussing this for weeks.  Why did they need a couple of weeks to make this decision? This implies that they agonized over the decision.  Why? I can't imagine what facts were holding them back from letting him go.  It's been obvious for years that Matt no longer had the game to stay in the NHL.  He should have been waived at the start of the season and his slot given to someone else.

Because they were trying to work a trade to an NHL team, perhaps?

I think I read someplace, heck, might have even been here somewhere, JBOTs saying exactly this. It could, however, have been one of those strange dreams I've been having...

Not a strange dream... that's what happened.  It was reported in the articles discussing the move.  Moulson even expanded his list of teams he could be traded to and it didn't help.  No big surprise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.