DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

The only thing thats changed now is there more names available now then there was then as teams have made the decisions to become sellers closer to the deadline (Rangers, Sens, etc.)

The Sabres have been sellers since thanksgiving (maybe even Canadian Thanksgiving), the Sens and Rangers have officially become one closer to the deadline. Now you have guys like Nash entering into the equation for teams who may have been interested in Kane, teams are hesitant with Kane because of his past reputation of being bad in the locker room.

They will not, nor were ever going to get asking price for Kane, not with his reputation and upcoming UFA status. Either the Sabres should be looking to lower the asking price or start working on an extension.

Craig Custance was on GR this AM he spoke to a GM who is a buyer and he mentioned that the sellers have not backed off on their asking prices as of yet. He mentioned again certain teams are hesitant about taking players with term remaining as here maybe a Tavares Sweepstakes this Summer, this benefits Kane.

In addition there is a belief around some teams Kane will be movitated as this is a Contract year. I believe he is coasting to avoid injury until he is traded, that’s just me though.

Custance was asked what effect Nash would have on Kane, states he has spoken to the Sabres and there is not that much concern as there are 8-10 teams still interested in Kane. Custance feels Nash and Kane are top tier of the rentals and there is a drop off after that.

Servalli mentioned that it is unlikely Hoffman gets moved

I don't see him coasting - he had 9 SOG today and 4 hits - mixing it up some with Tom Wilson. 

I have no idea how he does it, but the information he gets is damn impressive

His rumors don't always play out, but a lot of the most legit sources have the same thing happen. He has scooped trades and most certainly has some connections. Good enough for me with respect to the "sources say" crowd.

Rodriquez for a bag of pucks. He turned his back on Risto while Risto was under pressure, Risto back passed it to him and the guy didnt even see the puck. Can he not skate backwards. I want him and his botoxed lips gone... can I say that?

Risto totally whiffed the pass.  You can't pin that on ERod in any way. 

Which prospect was offered?

I don't know. I don't have a crystal ball, inside sources, or any of that jazz. Instead of sticking to his ridiculous 4 piece nonsense we should have taken the best prospect offered though. It's been well reported that teams have had an interest in Kane but have hesitated because of the high asking price of our GM. It's not a stretch to say that these interested GMs would have offered us a good prospect for Kane if they didn't also have to include a first round pick, a roster player, and a conditional pick as well.

Edited by Alkoholist