DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

From Elliotte's 31 thoughts: 

"Nashville definitely is all in on Rick Nash. The question is if they can outbid a large field. They already dealt Sam Girard, Vladislav Kamenev and their second-round pick in the Kyle Turris deal, so how deep are they willing to go? A first-rounder that might be 27th or lower won’t do it. They’ve still got excellent prospects (Dante Fabbro and Eeli Tolvanen atop the list) and no doubt the Rangers will try to leverage from those."

If Nashville can't land Nash, do they set their target on Kane? Fabbro would be a nice piece for the Sabres to land.

Edited by Crusader1969

Lehner, Kane and Borgen for Sanheim, Neuvirth and a first.

Take Borgen out of that.

David Conte Special Advisor to Hockey Ops for VGK was in attendance again tonight (has been listed 3-4 other times) and was in Rochester scouting last week, who the heck is looking at.

Take Borgen out of that.

David Conte Special Advisor to Hockey Ops for VGK was in attendance again tonight (has been listed 3-4 other times) and was in Rochester scouting last week, who the heck is looking at.

Didn’t someone say Zemgus? I thought it might have been you, but I guess not.

(And Borgen is going to walk anyway. No real loss)

Didn’t someone say Zemgus? I thought it might have been you, but I guess not.

(And Borgen is going to walk anyway. No real loss)

I did suggest that it was possibly Zemgus, but it seems like a lot of visits for one player.

You are probably right on Borgen, except he did have a recent interview where he went from saying I am going to finish my degree to I probably will finish my degree before I turn pro. It's a minor detail, but we will have to see

Didn't Philly say Frost was one of their two untouchables?

Should still be the target especially if the trade has expanded which I think it may have. If Kane and Lehner are in the mix then Frost needs to be too. If that means getting a 2nd instead of 1st round pick in the trade, then good. 

Should still be the target especially if the trade has expanded which I think it may have. If Kane and Lehner are in the mix then Frost needs to be too. If that means getting a 2nd instead of 1st round pick in the trade, then good.

I have no idea how good frost is. But how much value is in an expiring contract in Kane and a goalie we can't run out of town fast enough? If it's expanded to include Reinhart or ROR sure. But I doubt it has.

For me, I'm more interested in Phillippe Myers and Oskar Lindblom to name a few.  Frost is definitely high on my list, but I'm not as big a fan of Sanheim as others.  

I am amused that on the one hand long time posters tend to think this team is awful (not wrong) but on the other hand they'd do things like "lose their s##t" if a piece of that team gets traded and would only trade a few guys (mostly guys not many people would want). You really can't have it both ways guys. If the team is truly awful, why not trade everyone/anyone but Jack?

Philly has a loaded cupboard. We could do well if they are willing to move some of it for the present and moving a guy like ROR frees up a lot of free agency salary room. 

Trade anyone on this team and I'm OK with it. I'm not sure you can move Okposo and his contract...but this team MIGHT be better down the road with what you can do with the money you are paying ROR, Okposo, and what you MIGHT pay Reinhart.  Getting anything of value back in return would be great, but I'm not too sure you need to break-the-bank in a trade for any of them to make this team better down the road.

And Ristolainen?   Can someone tell me what is going on with him?  Its not that he is having a bad game every once in a while...he looks like he i having AWFUL games pretty much once or twice a week. Its like a repeat of Tyler Myers after he signed his new deal.