DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

Wouldn't want to be a sens fan right now, go from ECF to owner getting rid of every good player.

I'm not convinced that Buffalo is not in the worst condition in the whole league right now.

They are literally unwatchable and don't seem to have any idea how to get this team to the playoffs.

Why don't the Sabres set the market? If it's a good trade - Take it!

Must be the market isn't leaning towards their ask - so may need the teams that lose out on Nash to adjust.  Could be that we're just threatening to allow Nash to go first - and say hey you want to pay what's being rumored for Nash or give us blank which is likely a better deal for Kane.  

Per Dreger

Brassard is an interesting target this week. Sens need to make a hockey deal. Multiple teams, including Pittsburgh, are in the mix.

The Jets are talking to a number of teams. Nash, Hoffman, Maroon, Letestu, Hartman, among the many Wpg has kicked tires on. Busy week ahead.

Per Dreger

Brassard is an interesting target this week. Sens need to make a hockey deal. Multiple teams, including Pittsburgh, are in the mix.

The Jets are talking to a number of teams. Nash, Hoffman, Maroon, Letestu, Hartman, among the many Wpg has kicked tires on. Busy week ahead.

not interested in Kane? Lol....

We should have traded him for the best prospect that was offered to us back in late December/early January.

I predict he fetches a second round and mediocre prospect now, even with us retaining up to 50%.

He's going to get the same thing he was going to get us then. His value just hasn't been that high.

He's going to get the same thing he was going to get us then. His value just hasn't been that high.

Not necessarily. He's barely had a pulse since the change of the calendar. There's a definite possibly that his scoring rate falling off a cliff has dropped his rental value.

Not necessarily. He's barely had a pulse since the change of the calendar. There's a definite possibly that his scoring rate falling off a cliff has dropped his rental value.

He's the same player today as the day he was drafted. Everyone knows what he brings.

What would we have gotten had we traded him in December?

What would we have gotten had we traded him in December?

I have no clue. I don't have sources or insider information. It's not a big leap to think he would have returned a better prospect back when he was outscoring Eichel than he will in the next week though.

The ridiculous 4 pieces that GMJB set as the minimum price may have kept some offers from even being made, we don't know. A more reasonable price may have invited offers from teams who aren't looking to even buy now.

Edited by Alkoholist

Craig Custance was on GR this AM he spoke to a GM who is a buyer and he mentioned that the sellers have not backed off on their asking prices as of yet. He mentioned again certain teams are hesitant about taking players with term remaining as here maybe a Tavares Sweepstakes this Summer, this benefits Kane.

In addition there is a belief around some teams Kane will be movitated as this is a Contract year. I believe he is coasting to avoid injury until he is traded, that’s just me though.

Custance was asked what effect Nash would have on Kane, states he has spoken to the Sabres and there is not that much concern as there are 8-10 teams still interested in Kane. Custance feels Nash and Kane are top tier of the rentals and there is a drop off after that.

Servalli mentioned that it is unlikely Hoffman gets moved