DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

:lol:

But, also ...

:cry:

I am sick of the Sabres trading very good players for a maybe a few years down the road.

True but we all said the same thing about Vanek after losing Drury and Briere and could have had a bunch of no 1s. So in this case I think demanding keeping or trading should be left up to JBots and lets see what he can do either way.

We need to target Bennett.

The training camp pull-up competition between him and Casey will be the most entertaining thing we’ve seen in Buffalo since John Scott put on a fur coat.

Lord Mittelstadt will cause an earthquake and the continental plates will shift causing the earth to rise below his feet and his chin to raise above the bar. Unfortunately that only results in one pull up. Fortunately for him though, it will still be one more than Bennett.

The Sabres don't even know how to trade correctly, Kane should have been traded months ago, now you are looking at playoff bubble teams and playoff contenders, so we'll be getting low draft picks and prospects for Kane? We need established young player/players not a draft pick and a prospect or 2 that may or may not pan out. Whatever we do we need to get much faster on both sides of the fence, team speed is a must.

The Sabres don't even know how to trade correctly, Kane should have been traded months ago, now you are looking at playoff bubble teams and playoff contenders, so we'll be getting low draft picks and prospects for Kane? We need established young player/players not a draft pick and a prospect or 2 that may or may not pan out. Whatever we do we need to get much faster on both sides of the fence, team speed is a must.

This is an insane post. Kane's value has increased significantly since the off-season thanks to his excellent production this year. 

That's literally all who would be looking at him in the summer too. Most teams have a general feel for where they are and if a guy like Kane will help them to the cup or playoffs. 

I'd "love" this with Valimaki in the deal.  The first can be 2019 for that package.  Then trade Reinhart and a 2nd for Boeser.  

Fixed that for you ;) 

The Islanders and Tampa are quite intriguing. The list of prospects and picks that both have would certainly count as a home run

There are definitely good options in both farm systems of course.  Cernak, Raddysh, Joseph, Howden, to name a few.  Bellows, Aho, etc for the Isles.

That's literally all who would be looking at him in the summer too. Most teams have a general feel for where they are and if a guy like Kane will help them to the cup or playoffs. 

Fixed that for you ;)

Well we should have just drafted Boeser.  Bleh.  

So Jbot’s big in season moves for 2017; waive Mouslon and trade a 5th for Wilson. I think it's unlikely he makes another move before year end.

The big date, if I recall correctly, is Dec. 19.  That's the roster freeze date.  After that everyone has to stand down until Dec 26? 

I wouldn't think that Botterill cares if he trades away a player before the Winter Classic.

At the moment that move appears to have made some impact on the team as well.

The big date, if I recall correctly, is Dec. 19.  That's the roster freeze date.  After that everyone has to stand down until Dec 26? 

I wouldn't think that Botterill cares if he trades away a player before the Winter Classic.

At the moment that move appears to have made some impact on the team as well.

I think we could see Kane moved by the 19th. I think I will miss him. 

We're definitely going to miss him for the rest of this year.

Hey, if he wants to come back in FA for a good price?

Like 6mil for 5 years? Sure. 

On the open market after this season with 30g and 30a, he will get what? 7.5-8mil x7years?  I think at that price I am out.