GDT: Sabres at Bruins, 7pm 10-21-17

Eleven

Great comeback!

ROR's best game of the season. He even dragged Ben-Wa to another level.

McCabe was solid for most of the game.

Liked Antipin, smart player.

Jack showed some physicality to protect the puck and got a dirty goal.

Okposo showed some life.

Scandella is getting better and looks like a horse.

Lehner had a bad break on Pastrnak's goal but didn't snap and made some key saves.

We dominated OT.

Let's keep this up!

Time to bring ullmark back up and fire one of the goalies

i was going to post this too. i am more surprised when lehner makes a save vs letting a goal go in. i feel pretty much any clean shot to the goal, is going in

Edited by rekim

Great comeback!

ROR's best game of the season. He even dragged Ben-Wa to another level.

McCabe was solid for most of the game.

Liked Antipin, smart player.

Jack showed some physicality to protect the puck and got a dirty goal.

Okposo showed some life.

Scandella is getting better and looks like a horse.

Lehner had a bad break on Pastrnak's goal but didn't snap and made some key saves.

We dominated OT.

Let's keep this up!

Just let that sink in.

Give Antipin some time--he's shown flashes of being a legit 5/6 type. The problem, of course, is I'm not sure any of our guys right now are true top-pairing caliber.

Not sure either, but if I had 4 guys who can 22 minutes+ a night, I think we’d be in good shape. Maybe Guhle develops into the 4th member of the 22 minute club.

I agree with PA and True, I liked what I saw of Antipin tonight. 

And I made the right choice to not get in the car. Those idiots drove straight at the thing. And had it not hit the cold front and fizzled, and kept its general path for 5-6 more miles, I would have actually been hit! It was tiny though. I'm sure I'll see a lot more of that.

IDK how you midwesterners do it. I'm super skittish about being here right now. I couldn't imagine buying property with that possibility. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

What a fun ride tonight. Glad I had the ALCS to distract me in the second period.

Like I mentioned in the Vegas game, if they play like they did in the third period, not only would the Sabres be highly watchable, but they would be a pretty good team. That was dominant hockey in the third and OT

And I made the right choice to not get in the car. Those idiots drove straight at the thing. And had it not hit the cold front and fizzled, and kept its general path for 5-6 more miles, I would have actually been hit! It was tiny though. I'm sure I'll see a lot more of that.

IDK how you midwesterners do it. I'm super skittish about being here right now. I couldn't imagine buying property with that possibility. 

When the sky turns green seek shelter.  Other than that you have so little time it is a true coin flip.  I will take a good blizzard any day.

Do you have a phone app with weather radar?  If not, you will. 

Edited by Doohickie

Remember last year when people said they could take losing so long as this team was more exciting and scoring?  They'd take giving up 2 on 1s just to push the offensive pace?  I remember those statements....

Last year.. after 9 games the Toronto Maple Leafs were:

2-4-3

26GF  34GA

Last year.. after 8 games the Nashville Predators were:

2-5-1

19GF 28GA

This year the Sabres after 9 games are:

2-5-2

25GF  35GA

We all know where those other two teams ended up.  

Keep it positive boys...  The Sabres still have 2 players in the top 10 in scoring and 3 in the top 15.  That's 3 players ahead of Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, and P. Kane in overall scoring.

Again... the D is bad.  We knew the D was bad.  It was upgraded in the off-season with Scandella but with Falk and Bogosian out they are stuck with Antipin, Bealieu, and Tennyson.  The depth isn't there and if either of those 3 can pan out to be serviceable then great.

I don't really have a cell phone tbh

I don't know what is the more fascinating thing I learned today:

1. The Sabres came back and won in OT being down 3 goals

2. Robert Plant lives outside of Nashville

3. Or this. Lol