GDT: Sabres at Bruins, 7pm 10-21-17

Eleven

Technically speaking I do but it's my parents' old flip phone they forced me to take, it can't text, and I have let it run out of minutes and haven't re-activated it

Most people your age would rather do without food before they did without a smart phone.

Wow, doesn't take much to get this bandwagon going..............just don't forget to check the tire pressure before driving too far :)

If Okoposo didn't hit the crossbar we might have won in regulation and if my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle.

Kane was totally boarded in the third. I didn't think so at the time so I understand why there was no call, but watching again, he got drilled from behind into the boards.

I'm glad we've received captain's orders, I was getting anxious about whether or not to be happy. I don't want to contribute to the decay of the on-ice product anymore after all.

:lol:

I'll run my bandwagon on my own sourkraut foot long fueled methane if I so choose.

Edited by SwampD

Let's not ignore the fact that Khubodan was a sieve tonight. Come out flying against Detroit and run up a score on them and then maybe you can start gassing the bandwagon up.

What's the point of wanting other people to not be happy over a hockey game? Seems like wasted emotion.

Time to bring ullmark back up and fire one of the goalies

Doubt they'll do that, they want him playing a lot of games.   Unless both of our goalies really start playing even more horribly.

And lehner wasn't all that bad last night, but that first goal was to easy.

Edited by Huckleberry

Wow, doesn't take much to get this bandwagon going..............just don't forget to check the tire pressure before driving too far :)

The bandwagon for a team is always going.  The question is which fans are on it and which are off it.  Given that most posters on this board have continued to post here throughout the worst of times I would say that we've all been on it the entire time.  The bandwagon analogy doesn't even work here.  You are trying far too hard to inject your negativity into the situation.  This isn't the "realist" view you so hoped to provide.  This is straight up trying to bring people down when they have a reason to be pleased with the team.

No one is on here saying they've fixed everything and its perfect.  Nearly every post I've seen is discussing the current moment of the Sabres and their trend over their first 9 games.  I haven't seen one post that says the Sabres are now the best team in the NHL or even a playoff team.  Most people are just happy they're moving themselves a bit further from the basement.

But not you... you just want to tell people they shouldn't be happy with a comeback win, against a rival, in the second game of a back to back, on the road.

Let's not ignore the fact that Khubodan was a sieve tonight. Come out flying against Detroit and run up a score on them and then maybe you can start gassing the bandwagon up.  

The Sabres are 13th in the league in GF.  This despite playing the Kings who have given up the least goals, Vegas who have given up the 3rd least, Anaheim the 5th least, and San Jose the 11th least.

The problem is that the Sabres are 2nd last in GA (Pittsburgh is the worst).  I wonder if the Vegas fans are not excited because they beat the Sabres goalies which have both let in a ton of goals.

But let's confine our version of reality to just last night's game.

Bruins first goal - Lehners fault.

Bruins second goal - A couple of crazy bounces and in

Bruins third goal - Lehner could not see the puck

Bruins fourth goal - Bounce of defender skate from going wide and into the net

Sabres first goal - Khudobin might have that, it was a corner snipe.

Sabres second goal - no goaltender doesn't give up a rebound on a puck that hits his shoulder, defender fails to cover Eichel

Sabres third goal - turnover again, still Khudobin should have had it.

Sabres fourth goal - absolutely flukey goal that is redirected by the defender on the ice's leg into the net

Sabres fifth goal - hard to stop the puck when your teammate shoves a player on top of you

So by my count, there are 2 goals on Khudobin and 1 goal on Lehner, maybe give the Bruins the second goal if you believe Lehner should have jumped on the puck before it could be shot in.

But yea.. a total sieve.  So much so that his save percentage, while only .881 was still better than Lehner's at .871.

Again, what color is the sky in your reality?

..you can cough, fart, sneeze and pee at the same time.

when almost everything hurts, and what doesn’t hurt doesn’t work.

when work is a lot fun, and fun is a lot of work.

when you can live without sex, but not your glasses.

you start to fall asleep in the middle of the 3rd period so you go to bed. Only to wake up in the AM see the Sabres won and go WTF?  :w00t:

We can hope now the team just might start to play now hands less tight to their sticks and more like the players they are . Most importantly they have proved to themselves .

Yes!  They need to start having fun out there again.

Remember last year when people said they could take losing so long as this team was more exciting and scoring?  They'd take giving up 2 on 1s just to push the offensive pace?  I remember those statements....

Last year.. after 9 games the Toronto Maple Leafs were:

2-4-3

26GF  34GA

Last year.. after 8 games the Nashville Predators were:

2-5-1

19GF 28GA

This year the Sabres after 9 games are:

2-5-2

25GF  35GA

We all know where those other two teams ended up.  

Keep it positive boys...  The Sabres still have 2 players in the top 10 in scoring and 3 in the top 15.  That's 3 players ahead of Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, and P. Kane in overall scoring.

Again... the D is bad.  We knew the D was bad.  It was upgraded in the off-season with Scandella but with Falk and Bogosian out they are stuck with Antipin, Bealieu, and Tennyson.  The depth isn't there and if either of those 3 can pan out to be serviceable then great.

Nice post, love the info.

The shot at my man Beaulieu is off base, IMO but that's my only complaint

Goaltending is our weak spot if you ask me

BTW: I’m nominating LTS as SabreSpace MVP for the first 9 games. Like ROR working the boards last night, he’s been relentlessly bringing the optimism while the rest of us fragile little children have been hiding under the bed from the big bad crappy start to the season.

Well done sir.

Here's the thing, this team doesn't look any different from last year with respect to attitude and preparedness. Sure, they looked good last night, if I'm to take everyone's word for it. But can they do it for a few games in a row? Or do they come out against Detroit looking as disinterested as ever?

I'm bored with the occasional good effort. It doesn't mean anything if they can't do it regularly. They're just BSing us until they turn that corner.