GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 700pm EDT, 10/05/2017

WildCard

Kane always looked better with Samson

Sam doesn't rifle passes like Jack

Not to be a homer but I thought we dominated the majority of that game. This team looks nothing like last year's team… Of course half the team is gone but just saying…

Agreed, they past the eye test.

We played the best gt in the league, we lost. Regroup and play better Saturday. Losing to the islanders is unacceptable.

That's because Kane is not good at accepting passes.

Its more like Kane is a straight point A to point B player. He doesn’t find the soft spots like Pommers did. As a d, it is easy to position yourself to negate the passing lane. And the goalie can focus on the shooter. Some of it is on Jack to pull up at times, but they just seem to be guessing at where each other is going.

Not to be a homer but I thought we dominated the majority of that game. This team looks nothing like last year's team… Of course half the team is gone but just saying…

A shootout loss kinda looks exactly like last year. Montreal are no world beaters either.

My observations.....

Larsson looks slow in this lineup.  It is amazing how different he looks on this team.  4th line is where he should be now.

Pouliot.  He brings the ROR line down.  ROR is too valuable to be carrying guys.  Get him off that line.

I doubt Risto got bigger.  Maybe stronger though?  The trend this year in the league of lighter and faster just makes Risto look more like a beast out there.  the Montreal announcers were giving him lots of love for his aggressive play.

Pominville.  Is it me or does he look alot thinner?  Lean and mean to start the season.  I think there is a good chance he keeps up all season.

Much more entertaining brand of hockey.  It's not quite 6 Housley's back there, but it sure ain't 6 Hajt's.

Marcus, who?  Not missing the big guy tonight.  He would have looked very out of place on this roster.

You could see that Jack was really trying to take charge.  Maybe too much at times.   Relax Jack, it'll come.

I thought Girgensons had a very active game.  I'm not sure he'll put up points, but he will be effective I think.  he was playing to his strengths tonight.  I like him in a 3rd line role clearing space and playing the power forward.

Pleckanec (sp?) I thought owned Jack in the faceoff circle tonight.  Did he get the better of ROR too?  Seemed that way to me.

Very evenly matched teams most of the night.  To those dismissing Montreal as a bottom feeder, be careful.  If anything Montreal got the better of us as time got short and the game was on the line.  I think they are very even teams right now.

Was I entertained?  Absolutely.  Good job, Phillys.

Can we put Lehner on waivers claim Pickard and move on with our lives?  FFS!  That wrap around shorty was ridiculous and once again he cannot stop a shoot out goal.  Like his personality, but he's so frustrating.

Edited by TheCerebral1

Can we put Lehner on waivers claim Pickard and move on with our lives?  FFS!  That wrap around shorty was ridiculous and once again he cannot stop a shoot out goal.  Like his personality, but he's so frustrating.

He had a .950 game...

Seriously I just don't get the goalie rhetoric around here

My observations.....

Larsson looks slow in this lineup. It is amazing how different he looks on this team. 4th line is where he should be now.

Pouliot. He brings the ROR line down. ROR is too valuable to be carrying guys. Get him off that line.

I doubt Risto got bigger. Maybe stronger though? The trend this year in the league of lighter and faster just makes Risto look more like a beast out there. the Montreal announcers were giving him lots of love for his aggressive play.

Pominville. Is it me or does he look alot thinner? Lean and mean to start the season. I think there is a good chance he keeps up all season.

Much more entertaining brand of hockey. It's not quite 6 Housley's back there, but it sure ain't 6 Hajt's.

Marcus, who? Not missing the big guy tonight. He would have looked very out of place on this roster.

You could see that Jack was really trying to take charge. Maybe too much at times. Relax Jack, it'll come.

I thought Girgensons had a very active game. I'm not sure he'll put up points, but he will be effective I think. he was playing to his strengths tonight. I like him in a 3rd line role clearing space and playing the power forward.

Pleckanec (sp?) I thought owned Jack in the faceoff circle tonight. Did he get the better of ROR too? Seemed that way to me.

Very evenly matched teams most of the night. To those dismissing Montreal as a bottom feeder, be careful. If anything Montreal got the better of us as time got short and the game was on the line. I think they are very even teams right now.

Was I entertained? Absolutely. Good job, Phillys.

Good takes here.

I know winning cures a lot of ills, but we did not have a home ice advantage tonight. This shyte of the Habs or Leafs taking over our barn is nauseating. It was deathly quiet when the crowd should have been creating palpable buzz.

If the guy literally can't make a shootout save, he's not good enough to be our #1. Awful 2nd goal today aside.

And even if he had made two more saves we wouldn't have won the game. The whole team sucks at shootouts but frankly they are low down on the priority list. We need to win games properly - tonight was a good effort. Rather than limp on and flop at the shootout we were the dominate team for most of the game (who then flopped in the shootout).

If people are going to be disappointed about anything this game they should be annoyed our forwards only chipped in two goals and thus expected our goalie to put up a .975 save effort to win the game

Edited by ThirtyEight

And even if he had made two more saves we wouldn't have won the game. The whole team sucks at shootouts but frankly they are low down on the priority list. We need to win games properly - tonight was a good effort. Rather than limp on and flop at the shootout we were the dominate team for most of the game (who then flopped in the shootout).

If people are going to be disappointed about anything this game they should be annoyed our forwards only chipped in two goals and thus expected our goalie to put up a .975 save effort to win the game

I don't care if no one is scoring. There are 23 guys who have to come up with 3 who can get it done. How the shooters do in the SO is completely irrelevant to Lehner. There's only one goalie on, he needs to be better.

Didn't see the dominant game some here saw. Lots of ebb and flow for two periods with alot of time where both teams took turns pressing the play. And from the 10-12 minute mark on in the 3rd Montreal slowly strangled us.

I did. I saw the 98-99 Sabres out there tonight, and it was th Habs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.