GDT: Montreal @ Buffalo, 700pm EDT, 10/05/2017

WildCard

Leafs were the worst shootout team in the league last year, I believe, and it didn't really hamper them. We'll overcome it. If there was one aspect of hockey to be bad at I'd pick that one. 

Antipin needs to dial in that shot a little bit but otherwise he belonged. Scandella was very solid in his own zone. Reinhart's line seemed to control things at even strength. Jack makes goofy choices still, but is going to have an electric season. 

We play the Islanders' goaltending nightmare on Saturday, I believe. Let the goals rain down. 

We played the best gt in the league, we lost. Regroup and play better Saturday. Losing to the islanders is unacceptable.

I would like to see kane and girgs switched. I don’t see the vibe with Kane and Jack.

That's because Kane is not good at accepting passes.

More Beer Please.

Still recovering from last season; ooohhh the flash backs. :beer:

It's going to take a 7 game winning streak to help forget about last season.

I can't believe we don't have anybody that can score in a shootout. :wallbash:

Edited by hockeyhound

No silver linings in my view. We lost a home game after blowing two leads, looked slow in the third, and were useless in the shootout as usual.

Teams that want to make the playoffs win when leading going into the 3rd. Especially at home. Bubble teams can't afford to be that bad in the shootout, we need those points.

It's time to expect wins.

Still very much hopeful for this season. Doesn't mean today was an acceptable result.

Lehner has to go if he legitimately can't make a single save in the SO.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.