How much should Kane' s extension be?

I-90 W

95 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the exension be for?

• 4 years
    • 5 years
    • 6 years
    • 7 years
  2. 2. How much $ should the extension offer be?

• $4.5 m
    • $5.5 m
    • $6.5 m
    • $7 m

Exactly, you can't force him to resign.

Looks like we've been burnt with the KO and Moulson contracts. Maybe there is a lesson here? Kane will be 27 by the start of next season, how many more years does he have in his prime?

Moulson and Pommers end following next season should begin to ease the pain, if they aren't moved. But that Okposo contract.......yikes

Exactly, you can't force him to resign.

Looks like we've been burnt with the KO and Moulson contracts. Maybe there is a lesson here? Kane will be 27 by the start of next season, how many more years does he have in his prime?

Yep.

I’ll take RNH. He’s younger, he’ll be cheaper long-term, make a perfect compliment to this group and likely be a productive. He has 3 50+ pt seasons, compared to Kane’s 1. Kane is a better goal scorer, obviously. Getting Hopkins, might allow us to trade Sam for a D.

Hate talking about "fantasy"trades but since this one was brought up in The Hockey News I've been thinking more and more about it

Here is you ur 2018 forwards:

Girgensons Eichel. Reinhart

Mittelstadt. ROR KO

Nylander RNH. Bailey

Baptiste. Larsson Pommers

I certainly think it's a huge improvement to this years team

Edited by Crusader1969

I'd do Kane for RNH and a 1st any day of the week.

Mainly because that would give us a pair of nice trade chips. We could turn around and trade RNH for Faulk or another Dman and still be up a 1st

Why on earth would Edmonton, and then Carolina, do that? Do you really think we can turn UFA rental Kane into a first round pick and Justin Faulk, who has is warts but would be our best defenseman?

Why on earth would Edmonton, and then Carolina, do that? Do you really think we can turn UFA rental Kane into a first round pick and Justin Faulk, who has is warts but would be our best defenseman?

Just working off what was talked about above.

Cut the 1st and it actually would have merit. Kane saves Edmonton from caphell from McD, RNH is a C that Carolina is looking for.

Important contract extension signed tonight by Atkinson

https://www.jacketscannon.com/2017/11/16/16668686/cam-atkinson-signs-contract-extension

7 years $40.25 mill. $5.75 per season

Atkinson and Kane are same age but Cam had a big year last year but other years the numbers are similar.

Would you offer the same to Kane? The avg salary seems fine to me and the Sabres should be able to afford it even if worst case scenario they have to buy out Moulson (rather than trade him).

Term kinda scares me - would love to go 5 years but would you have to go to $7mill per?

JBot at the GM's meeting, wonder if Kane's name comes up?

He may get an early feel for the market. I think if he doesn't want to sign him, he needs to move him before the deadline. There is an elevated risk of an injury, given Kane's history, the longer he waits.

An earlier move can also lead to a hockey trade instead of a deadline dump for draft picks. A lot of teams are tight to the cap, making a trade difficult, but a willing partner can find a way.

As I said, the key is if there is interest in an extension in Buffalo or a desire to hit the bright lights of UFA status.

Last year, I was of the opinion that I would be fine with the trading Kane. However, the more I watch him, the more I hope he won't be moved and, if need be...they 'overplay' him to keep him here.

Why?  To me, he is the BEST player on the team to watch.  I know Eichel has the big name and he is the superstar...but if I had no idea where people were drafted or what their pedigree was (or what expectations they had) and just watched the games....BY FAR he is the best reason to watch this team.  Rarely does a shift go by where he doesn't jump out of the screen and his play is very evident. 

Now, I don't know if he plays the system the right way or not...I don't know if he is a good or bad guy in the locker room...and I guess those things matter a lot toward winning. But as far as an entertainment product goes..I'm going to be very unhappy the day he gets traded away or they let him walk.

Last night, Kane was the only one on the team that looked like he knows how to play hockey.

Im convinced that Kane is a better example of what we want going forward than any of our young guns. He always shows up.

Kane played like this last year and the year before too, it's not because it's a contract year. 

These are all correct.

Kane is what the Sabres have been lacking for a very long time.  Probably since Gare.  Really.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.