How much should Kane' s extension be?

I-90 W

95 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the exension be for?

• 4 years
    • 5 years
    • 6 years
    • 7 years
  2. 2. How much $ should the extension offer be?

• $4.5 m
    • $5.5 m
    • $6.5 m
    • $7 m

I too like misleading stats

I never knew goals were a misleading stat

And Kane missed 12 and played the rest with healing broken ribs.

.4 (Kane) goals per game vs .39 (Eichel). Kane lead in goals in a non-contract year, any way you cut it.

His ribs weren't nearly as debilitating as skating on a bad ankle.

Didn't know you moonlighted as team doctor

It shouldn't be used to further any argument on keeping him though. 

I think, in general, when it comes to arguments, you should realize that just because certain facts don't support your argument, it doesn't mean they're not relevant. Or I guess you can just say you were really talking about something else. I think we've been through this before...

Edited by ericcomposer72

It shouldn't be used to further any argument on keeping him though.

Of course if should. Because even if you don't think he was a true first in goals, Kane was second. It's not like that's not still really good.

Edited by Thorny

Let’s see what happens if we take Kane off Jack’s line. Does Kane continue to score at this pace? Right now I think Wowie should move Kane ROR’s line. This should free up Jack to shoot more, especially with Sam feeding him from the RW.

I wonder what happens to the team offense. I bet it improves if Kane can find some chemistry with ROR. I’m hopeful about this after ROR’s nice pass to Kane for our lone goal the other night.

If Kane produces away from Jack, I’d be much more inclined to re-sign him.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I never knew goals were a misleading stat

.4 (Kane) goals per game vs .39 (Eichel). Kane lead in goals in a non-contract year, any way you cut it.

Didn't know you moonlighted as team doctor

I think, in general, when it comes to arguments, you should realize that just because certain facts don't support your argument, it doesn't mean they're not relevant. Or I guess you can just say you were really talking about something else. I think we've been through this before...

A more accurate stat

So We've says ribs are worse, but you don't rag on him for that

I think, in general, when it comes to arguments, I'm pretty fair at admitting when I'm wrong. What are you referring to? The Eichel leverage conversation? I've been on here for like 5 years, if you think I'm lying about misunderstanding something to save face you clearly haven't read all of the other things I've posted on here. I don't care about saving face

Of course if should. Because even if you don't think he was a true first in goals, Kane was second. It's not like that's not still really good.

He was tied 12th in the league at even strength goals. Why not use that

If Kane produces away from Jack, I’d be much more inclined to re-sign him.

Kane played the majority of 2016-2017 with Larry and Gionta

Eichel was only on the ice for 11 of Kane's 43 points last year and of those 11 they weren't all goals by Kane

Of Kane's 28 goals last year, 25 of them was at equal strength

This year Kane has 7 5v5 goals 1PP goal and 3 SH goals

Kane's career CorsiF is 50.6%

Eichel's career CorsiF is 47.7% Chew on those numbers, Jack's giveaways so far this year will almost double his next highest years total

ROR's career CorsiF is 49.5%

Kane produces no matter what line he's on.

Edited by jsb

Kane played the majority of 2016-2017 with Larry and Gionta

Eichel was only on the ice for 11 of Kane's 43 points last year and of those 11 they weren't all goals by Kane

Of Kane's 28 goals last year, 25 of them was at equal strength

This year Kane has 7 5v5 goals 1PP goal and 3 SH goals

Kane's career CorsiF is 50.6%

Eichel's career CorsiF is 47.7% Chew on those numbers

Kane produces no matter what line he's on.

Really? Never would have guessed that. Is that at even strength?

Really? Never would have guessed that. Is that at even strength?

If you remember, Kane came back before Jack, so he couldn't have played with him

Then he played with Jack and Samson for a short stretch

Then he played a majority of the next 2 months on the 3rd line with Gionta

He then switched lines for a majority of March and April.

Check his scoring stats, you'll see Gionta either with an assist or goal on as many points as anyone else if not more.

If you remember, Kane came back before Jack, so he couldn't have played with him

Then he played with Jack and Samson for a short stretch

Then he played a majority of the next 2 months on the 3rd line with Gionta

He then switched lines for a majority of March and April.

Check his scoring stats, you'll see Gionta either with an assist or goal on as many points as anyone else if not more.

Call me crazy, but I think it was a mistake not bringing back Gionta.

I agree. Reinhart certainly could have used him on his wing when he was getting time at center with a bunch of nobodies.

I think he was a victim of wearing the ceremonial C when it was reported that DB lost the locker room. Fair or not, the fact that there appeared to be turmoil between the coaching staff and the players lead to both of them (Gionta and DB) to get the ax.

Edited by Drunkard

I agree. Reinhart certainly could have used him on his wing when he was getting time at center with a bunch of nobodies.

I think he was a victim of wearing the ceremonial C when it was reported that DB lost the locker room. Fair or not, the fact that there appeared to be turmoil between the coaching staff and the players lead to both of them (Gionta and DB) to get the ax.

I'm not so sure. d4rk outlined pretty well that Gionta has never really done anything to deserve being a captain, and has never been a good one elsewhere either

A more accurate stat

So We've says ribs are worse, but you don't rag on him for that

I think, in general, when it comes to arguments, I'm pretty fair at admitting when I'm wrong. What are you referring to? The Eichel leverage conversation? I've been on here for like 5 years, if you think I'm lying about misunderstanding something to save face you clearly haven't read all of the other things I've posted on here. I don't care about saving face

He was tied 12th in the league at even strength goals. Why not use that

Sure. I was just being an ass because I was annoyed I had to go look up their stats and calculate their goals-per-game. And the only argument I was making is that he plays well in non-contract years. I agree with others that "contract year" is a weak, lazy argument. He just likes to be good at hockey, regardless what year it is.

Edited by ericcomposer72

I'm not so sure. d4rk outlined pretty well that Gionta has never really done anything to deserve being a captain, and has never been a good one elsewhere either

He captained the most storied franchise in the NHL.  A 100 year old franchise with a list of who is who in the history of NHL captains.

There were other quality candidates on that team, but he was named captain.  That is more than enough to tell me that he was a good captain, maybe not in Buffalo, but he was a good captain.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

He captained the most storied franchise in the NHL. A 100 year old franchise with a list of who is who in the history of NHL captains.

There were other quality candidates on that team, but he was named captain. That is more than enough to tell me that he was a good captain, maybe not in Buffalo, but he was a good captain.

And then they kicked him to the curb because that team was a dumpster fire with him on it.

It should have been a Sabre. Not some old fart from Rochester with no history with the Sabres org.

Should it have been Tyler Ennis then? Moulson wasn't a Sabre if Gionta wasn't (I know he played part of the season before but we still shipped him out at the deadline the year before). Maybe your main man Drew Stafford? Girgensons?

Saying he shouldn't have been named Captain without stating who should have been named captain instead is a weak argument. He was the best option because there weren't really any other qualified candidates.

Should it have been Tyler Ennis then? Moulson wasn't a Sabre if Gionta wasn't (I know he played part of the season before but we still shipped him out at the deadline the year before). Maybe your main man Drew Stafford? Girgensons?

Saying he shouldn't have been named Captain without stating who should have been named captain instead is a weak argument. He was the best option because there weren't really any other qualified candidates.

This gets to a bigger problem of the tank though, which is that we completely gutted this team of anyone who commanded any respect in the locker room. Sure, give it to Ennis or Foligno or something. It probably wouldn't have mattered that much, but bringing a washed up free agent in to wear the C was the wrong move.

It's funny- everybody thought the team was going to be so improved that moving on from Gionta would be natural. Looks like we all called that one wrong, including GMBot.

Early results notwithstanding- no matter what GMBot does with Kane, I trust he'll make the best decision. I want him to stay, but if he's traded, I'll assume a contract was untenable, and give Botterill the benefit of the doubt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.