Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

Aren't they "rated" fairly well? I enjoyed dookie when it came out but their act grew old quick for me.

They get a lot of flack for their audience and newer stuff but their first few albums don't get the credit they deserve and are overshadowed by people's view on them

Dreger says the birdie is wrong, no deal yet.  

.@DarrenDreger on Eichel's contract: "I'm now getting the sense that he's OK starting the season without a contract extension in place."

If true, can we surmise he's requesting McDavid's rate?

I think starting the season without a contract in place would be a dumb move on Eichel's part. What if he suffers another injury and it hurts his numbers/evaluation? Then he's potentially leaving money on the table. 

I think starting the season without a contract in place would be a dumb move on Eichel's part. What if he suffers another injury and it hurts his numbers/evaluation? Then he's potentially leaving money on the table. 

What if he absolutely blows up the league and earns an extra $1-3mil/yr; over the course of 8 years that's a significant amount.

I see no reason for him to rush into signing a deal this offseason.

Edited by pi2000

Dreger says the birdie is wrong, no deal yet.  

.@DarrenDreger on Eichel's contract: "I'm now getting the sense that he's OK starting the season without a contract extension in place."

If true, can we surmise he's requesting McDavid's rate?

The speculation is that Eichel's side wants near McDavid money and the Buffalo mgmt started with an offer around Draisatl. Hopefully, they can get this done before the year starts and meet somewhere in the middle.

The speculation is that Eichel's side wants near McDavid money and the Buffalo mgmt started with an offer around Draisatl. Hopefully, they can get this done before the year starts and meet somewhere in the middle.

Where is that speculation?

Where is that speculation?

I heard it discussed on the Instigators as I was driving. And again, I noted it was speculation but it did seem like a reasonable guess as to where both parties started the negotiation. I mean if Eichel wanted only Drai money you think the deal would have been done a  long time ago.

What if he absolutely blows up the league and earns an extra $1-3mil/yr; over the course of 8 years that's a significant amount.

I see no reason for him to rush into signing a deal this offseason.

Well that's just the other side of the risk coin. Do you take the gamble?

I heard it discussed on the Instigators as I was driving. And again, I noted it was speculation but it did seem like a reasonable guess as to where both parties started the negotiation. I mean if Eichel wanted only Drai money you think the deal would have been done a  long time ago.

So this was what Peters and Rivet were speculating?