Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

So one single go around of 4 target accuracy shooting where ROR went 4/4 is a strong component of the argument here? Common, Meng!

It's nothing with enough weight that I'd care to spend a night arguing about it online over, I'll give you that.

It's nothing with enough weight that I'd care to spend a night arguing about it online over, I'll give you that.

I couldn't either, Jays game is on. But I'm reasonably confident that an evening spent arguing online with We've would be a fulfilling and rewarding experience, so I'll be sure to force you into one another time. :p

I'm not referring to the slap shot competition.

And LOL at being called a contrarian one post after labeling Jack as the best since one of the top 3 players in team history.

I didn't call you that. Said it was a contrarian opinion. Which is a reasonable statement given you've already acknowledged that in your view there's a "concept" being formed. A concept that prevelant would by definition make arguments against it contrarian.

I couldn't either, Jays game is on. But I'm reasonably confident that an evening spent arguing online with We've would be a fulfilling and rewarding experience, so I'll be sure to force you into one another time. :P

I didn't call you that. Said it was a contrarian opinion. Which is a reasonable statement given you've already acknowledged that in your view there's a "concept" being formed. A concept that prevelant would by definition make arguments against it contrarian.

Ha!  I didn't say *you* were stupid.  I said what you *said* was stupid.

No sweat, Holmes.  Not even a touch offended.

All I am saying is, a top 5 shot in the league doesn't end up middle of the pack on his team in a shooting competition.

None of those guys,  were taking that contest,  seriously.

Edited by pi2000

Showed up on my youtube feed, well done :D

I counted 9 goals in that video that another Sabre was involved in assisting Eichel.  I'd expect that type of output to double with this years lineup and I think it adds up to a monster year for him.

Sometimes I can't believe the quickness of Jack's shot release....... Looks like the puck is on his stick for a millisecond, and then it's in the back of the net. Opposing goaltenders are unprepared for that quickness. Quickness (not speed) with accuracy make his shot what it is............. That and his ability to finish.

Edited by hsif

Didn't Jack fare poorly in the shooting drills for the team skills competition?

Or at least not nearly as well as expected given his hype?

IIRC, Jack has spent those competitions goofing around and not trying his hardest.

Also, I'd much rather my player be able to put in those roof jobs against countless teams like Jack has done, than be able to shoot hard with nobody on them and all the time in the world to set up. In that sense, while fun to watch, skill competitions are meaningless.

Watch the goal Jack scores versus the Coyotes in Arizona this past year - not only is the whole rush beautiful, but he adjusted his body in stride while skating hard to keep the guys behind him far away, to open a shooting lane between the defender's legs (which wasn't a fluke, he's done that on several occasions intentionally, including a nice assist to Reinhart the season before) which he used to go bar-down and beat the goalie glove side from near the top of the circle. 

IDGAF how hard ROR shoots in a skill competition. He can't do that. Very, very few NHL players can do that.

https://youtu.be/-UXECVQJUG8?t=17

Edited by Randall Flagg

I'm amazed he signed before Jack. Seems about right for him thogh

The Oilers have (8.5+12.5) = $21M tied into two players, or 28% of their cap tied up into two players. IIRC, when I did this last time the Hawks had about 29% tied up in Toews and Kane when they signed their deals.

There's one major difference though: the Oilers 28% is in their prime. The Hawks was just coming out of it

I'm amazed he signed before Jack. Seems about right for him thogh

The Oilers have (8.5+12.5) = $21M tied into two players, or 28% of their cap tied up into two players. IIRC, when I did this last time the Hawks had about 29% tied up in Toews and Kane when they signed their deals.

There's one major difference though: the Oilers 28% is in their prime. The Hawks was just coming out of it

Welcome to the new NHL  :flirt:

Welcome to the new NHL  :flirt:

Yup. And it's a much smarter way of doing business 

I'm genuinely unclear on how this affects Eichel, if at all.

I'd thought Draisitl (sp) would get more. But maybe that % of cap hit referenced above was a driver.

I just want 15 signed at this point.

I think it helps us with him getting signed faster, but at the end of the day I think the number is still $10M