Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

Tavares, Stamkos, Toews and Kopitar are not better than Eichel at this stage ood their careers. Paying for past performance because an idiot did the list.

They are better.   What has Eichel done really?    There's no doubt he's ranked poorly because of his injury last season.    

We all know what he's capable of, but can he do it consistently over the course of an entire season, multiple seasons, get his team to the playoffs, etc..?     IMO the answer is yes, but he needs to do it.

They are better. What has Eichel done really? There's no doubt he's ranked poorly because of his injury last season.

We all know what he's capable of, but can he do it consistently over the course of an entire season, multiple seasons, get his team to the playoffs, etc..? IMO the answer is yes, but he needs to do it.

When did the islanders make the playoffs last.

Really I don't care about these national lists anymore. Some of them are just lip service to certain markets or a deliberate slight of others to get clicks.

Let us not forget that Rupp did say that, in his opinion, the one guy that could unseat McDavid at the top other than Crosby, was Eichel.  It is pablum for the junkies with no real hockey to talk about or watch. 

They are better.   What has Eichel done really?    There's no doubt he's ranked poorly because of his injury last season.    

We all know what he's capable of, but can he do it consistently over the course of an entire season, multiple seasons, get his team to the playoffs, etc..?     IMO the answer is yes, but he needs to do it.

I haven't clicked on the link, but my initial thought when reading the original post is that people should be taking issue with that Matthews ranking.  Your reasoning here is the exact reason why.

Edited by shrader

I haven't clicked on the link, but my initial thought when reading the original post is that people should be taking issue with that Matthews ranking.  Your reasoning here is the exact reason why.

I know why Matthews is ranked that high. He won the Calder and plays for Toronto. 

They are better. What has Eichel done really? There's no doubt he's ranked poorly because of his injury last season.

We all know what he's capable of, but can he do it consistently over the course of an entire season, multiple seasons, get his team to the playoffs, etc..? IMO the answer is yes, but he needs to do it.

In other words: Pay for past performance?

I think he had a 4, or 5, year deal (or maybe it was a series of 1 year deals) that paid him around 8 million per season at the end of the 1990's.

Taro can probably confirm, or deny, my memory on this.

That would be about 25 million per season in today's $.

In '98 he signed a 4 year contract that was to pay $32MM over the life of it.

'98-'99 - $7MM + $1MM signing bonus.

'99-'00 - $7.5MM

'00-'01 - $7.5MM

'01-'02 - $9MM

He was traded before getting the $9MM, so his biggest payday in Buffalo was $8MM for '98-'99.

Were better previously.

Will be better from this season? My money's on no.

Go look up Toews, Kopitar, and Bergerons production from last year. Just fur funsies

They all had a "C" on their jersey.

Bergeron was a +12

Toews a  +27

Kopitar was a +74 TRpm

They made the All-Pro team and played in the pro-bowl.   Toews won the dunk contest and they all made the World Series, Bergeron with a 3 rushing touchdowns and 4 triple doubles.