Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

8years 8million sounds good but Jack may ask for more. I think he will but would love to see a deal less then 10mil. Jack hopefully understands that his contract has major implications on how good the rest of the team can be. Crosby for example did well by not screwing the Pens. 

8years 8million sounds good but Jack may ask for more. I think he will but would love to see a deal less then 10mil. Jack hopefully understands that his contract has major implications on how good the rest of the team can be. Crosby for example did well by not screwing the Pens. 

Did he, or did the cap just go up to accommodate his contract? 

Did he, or did the cap just go up to accommodate his contract? 

hmm maybe a little of both but cap going up def helped. I just don't believe that will keep happening. They fake raise the cap and that is why escrow payments are so annoying to the players. At least that is the way I understand it. 

I think 8x8 would be fair, 8x9 is fair.  Anything more than 9 means a cap hit that's top-seven in the league.  Even 10 is almost within bounds, but is reallly ballsy for a kid- and at that point they're riding everything -the whole economics of the team- on his potential.  If Eichel doesn't work out to the highest order at 8x10, you just spent 27% of the value of the franchise, a crippling cap hit for the next forever years, a tank campaign, and all of the fan base's hope on nothing.

Kopitar makes 10.  Ekblad makes 7.5.  

McDavid may get 13.75, but McDavid has hardware and hates Edmonton.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

4 year bridge at $5.5m per. 

Keeps him motivated.   He's a minus player with injury concerns.   Let him continue to grow, learn the game and piss him off so he jumps ship first chance he gets.  

Get him at that 8x8 r8, m8. Even if you have to stay up l8. Then sit back and watch him sk8. 

Nicely done.

It's gotta be 8 years. Gotta be.

I'm having a PTSD flinch at the symmetry of 8x8 ~ the 5x5 that was allegedly offered around Black Sunday.

Keeps him motivated.   He's a minus player with injury concerns.   Let him continue to grow, learn the game and piss him off so he jumps ship first chance he gets.  

Keeps him motivated. He's a minus player with injury concerns. Let him continue to grow, learn the game and piss him off so he jumps ship first chance he gets.

Exactly!

You want to give $5.5 million to a minus player? Where's that pic of the square jawed Schwarzenegger look alike that Doohickie usually posts? I am disappoint.

Edit: Found it.

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Edited by Drunkard