Sabres pick #8 Casey Mittlestadt

spndnchz

I can't believe we just drafted a fast highly skilled high school kid from Minn 8th overall.

It's like we are trying to relive Phil Housley or something.

I actually love this pick. He is Jack Eichelish. Speed, Speed and more Speed. He'll play one year at Minn, they'll get him in the weight room and he and Nylander will join the Sabres in 2018-19. We now have our top 6 for the long-term.

Now use the 2 2nd rd picks on a D (maybe Henri falls to us) and maybe a G and we can all go home happy.

Stop being reasonable!

...Every scouting service had Mittlestadt ranked among the top-10 prospects in this draft. It's not like we did a Bills-eque reach or something. This kid can fly and has skill. That works for me.

I am in my forties, I'm not athletic at all, and I am damned sure I can do a pull-up. The last time I did one was within the last week.

This kid is 18, a professional athlete, and no? Are you ###### kidding me?

I know. It's mind blowing. I was always a string bean growing up and usually struggled with bench presses but I could always crank out 6-10 pull ups at least without even breaking a sweat. I'm 36 now and never work out, but I have one of those pull up bars I can hang in a door frame and I make sure I can at least do a handful of them every few months or so. Edited by Drunkard

You're gonna have to throw in a 2018 6th to make this viable

You're right.  "The Buffalo Sabres have traded Casey Middlestadt and a pull-up bar to the Buffalo Sabres, for Evander Kane and a 6th round pick in 2018.

(Whole board celebrates.)

Jeez, you know what that means.

Yep.  He'll be a Ranger or something in 2021.

Ambivalent!! I'm ambivalent Kevin! It just brings me joy when the reserved among us get all fired up.

LET ME HAVE MY ANGER.

I know. It's mind blowing. I was always a string bean growing up and usually struggled with bench presses but I could always crank out 6-10 pull ups at least without even breaking a sweat. I'm 36 jow and never work out, but I have one of those pull up bars I can hang in a door frame and I make sure I can at least do a handful of them every few months or so.

Seriously, it's not that tough!  It's ONE PULL-UP.

I was a string bean, too, but not anymore, and I still can pull one.  ONE.

Folks, only college kids who out develop their draft position opt for Free Agency. Vesey turned out to better then a 3rd rd pick. Peterson is certainly better then his 5th rd pick.

From their point of view they can get 1st rd money, a shorter ELC and pick their team. I'd do it also.

Middelstadt was drafted 8th. He won't be playing 4 years of college. If he plays 2 years I'd be shocked.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.