Sabres pick #8 Casey Mittlestadt

spndnchz

Neither could Gretzky.

Not saying there's any comparison. Just saying, just because he isn't an athlete doesn't mean he's not a hockey player.

I agree. Sam Bennett couldn't do a pull up. Kid just played 2 full NHL seasons (63 points) before his 21st birthday.

I need to know.

Because I'd draft Ms. Sarama over any guy that can't do a single pull-up.

He couldn't do a pull-up at the combine.

I really hope we sign a dman somehow really don't want to ice our d as is. Ugh

We could have drafted a Dman, and we'd still be icing our D as-is without another move. Neither Liljegren nor Valimaki were playing for us this season.

No regrets.

:p

You remember the Indianapolis Racers at the draft combine well, then?

Nah, I remember am interview with the great one. He was commenting on how physically weak he was when he came into the league. Something along the lines of "I scored 92 goals and couldn't do 15 push ups." at the end I could do 92 push ups and couldn't score 15 goals." paraphrased, of course.

WAIT. HE COULDN'T DO A PULLUP?

I am serious. This changes everything.

That's what they said in the commentary after they announced the pick. Zero pull ups and a single bench press. I heard it and immediately thought of you. Edited by Drunkard

More than likely that's why he couldn't do a pull-up... the shoulder was already messed up.

...Wait, we just drafted a kid with busted shoulders?!

I thought that was somewhat confirmed he had a slightly dodge shoulder?

Either ours has a dodge shoulder or he is the least athletic first round pick of all time

I need to know.

Because I'd draft Ms. Sarama over any guy that can't do a single pull-up.

Can't speak to whether she can do that many pullups, but if Fearless Leader states she can would put money on it. You should definitely draft her.

Plus, she is MUCH better looking than Middlecity. ;)

Here is my 11 year old daughter doing some chin ups... (not the best form...)

attachicon.giftrim.4315E0E1-C5CA-4F45-A7E7-BECBB120C97C.MOV

He couldn't do a pull-up at the combine.

We could have drafted a Dman, and we'd still be icing our D as-is without another move. Neither Liljegren nor Valimaki were playing for us this season.

:P

That's what they said in the commentary after they announced the pick. Zero pull ups and a single bench. I heard it and immediately thought of you.

I am in my forties, I'm not athletic at all, and I am damned sure I can do a pull-up.  The last time I did one was within the last week.

This kid is 18, a professional athlete, and no?  Are you kidding me?

I can't believe we just drafted a fast highly skilled high school kid from Minn 8th overall.

It's like we are trying to relive Phil Housley or something.

I actually love this pick. He is Jack Eichelish. Speed, Speed and more Speed. He'll play one year at Minn, they'll get him in the weight room and he and Nylander will join the Sabres in 2018-19. We now have our top 6 for the long-term.

Now use the 2 2nd rd picks on a D (maybe Henri falls to us) and maybe a G and we can all go home happy.

Is this true? Is he literally the least athletic hockey player of all time?

Can he skate? Or will this be the training camp reveal

He's a great skater. Speed, acceleration, agility.

Are we worried at all about him choosing FA? Or that we drafted a kid outta high school at #8?

Congratulations, you are the 2nd person to express wonder at this. I think I'm going to keep a running tally :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.