Sabres pick #8 Casey Mittlestadt

spndnchz

I couldn't do a pull up in high school. 

I now way 220 pounds with 2% body fat.

Seriously?

Do you do body building competitions?

He's a draft pick in a not so stellar draft, none of the prospects where worth getting hyped up about. It's a meh draft, hard to go all crazy either way about this pick.

Edited by Woods-Racer

The "problem" with these young stud hockey players is their lower bodies are way more developed than their upper bodies. 80% of his body weight is below his waist, which makes pullups a difficult task.

The "problem" with these young stud hockey players is their lower bodies are way more developed than their upper bodies. 80% of his body weight is below his waist, which makes pullups a difficult task.

Anyone who is legitimately concerned about his athleticism has never watched him skate. Here, I'll help with a highlight package: 

FYI - we're on page 5 of this thread and no one has pointed out that we've misspelled his name in the title.

It's MITTELSTADT.

Not "Mittlestadt."

OK, back to talking pull-ups.....

pedantic...

Yes, you have officially won the SS pedantic achievement award for 2017. :P  

pedantic...

Yes, you have officially won the SS pedantic achievement award for 2017. :P  

I don't think getting your 1st round draft pick's name right in the thread about him is pedantic.  I also think it's hilarious that no one noticed for over an hour while we were comparing how many pull-ups everyone on the board can do.  :doh:  :lol:

I don't think getting your 1st round draft pick's name right in the thread about him is pedantic.  I also think it's hilarious that no one noticed for over an hour while we were comparing how many pull-ups everyone on the board can do.  :doh:  :lol:

What cha mean no one noticed? Some here were spelling it in thread correctly.

I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

Seriously, a kid should be able to do a pull-up.

Done.  Next time you and your love come to town, please let me know.  You'll love this place.  The fancy cocktails suck, but the charcuterie and other meats make up for it.

Maybe his legs are disproportionately big, you know like tree stumps

There are fans on the Sabres' facebook page claiming to terminate their lifetime fanhood over this pick :lol:

Who the Sabres draft is of immense importance the night of the draft, after that people forget unless it's Jack Eichel. The average fan is all about what have you done for me lately?

The hysteria over not taking a defenseman is pretty incredible. 

I just remember when we had Risto, Zadorov, McCabe, McNabb in the system with Myers/Ehrhoff around. "Can't wait to pick all the centers in the next two drafts cuz we're loaded on D". That was 3 years ago and now if we don't take defensemen who won't enter their prime for 6 more years we're skrewed 5ever

I just remember when we had Risto, Zadorov, McCabe, McNabb in the system with Myers/Ehrhoff around. "Can't wait to pick all the centers in the next two drafts cuz we're loaded on D". That was 3 years ago and now if we don't take defensemen who won't enter their prime for 6 more years we're skrewed 5ever

Pysyk too

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.