Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Otoh, the common phrase is “the 8 counties of WNY.” Monroe ain’t among them.

That always seemed more of a TV market thing.  I heard it phrased that way most often on Buffalo news stations, which stretch their coverage to Genesee and Orleans Counties.  Otherwise, I see Monroe and Livingston counties included in WNY way more often than not.

Everything is available for a price.

Gotta do something to make the stats geeks freak... :)

Despite people not wanting to accept it, stereotypes by and large are created out of a preponderance of factual information that apply to a particular grouping of things.  I am leaving it generic because it really can apply to all kinds of things and not just people.  There has to be an exception to it at some point and then at some point the preponderance of exceptions make it no longer a stereotype... (even if uneducated people continue to use it).  In fact, if you want to insinuate that stereotypes are bad aren't you now creating a stereotype about stereotypes?

Meh.. the Lightning just had a weekend party.  I'd expect them to be a little off.  :)

Didn't hear a peep from Stamkos/Kucerov thanks to the Copp Lowry Armia line.

We're 1st in the division 2nd in the conference and 3rd in the league...Roslovic is on the first line with Wheeler and Laine....I hope Chevy goes put and beefs us up for a long playoff run.

Didn't hear a peep from Stamkos/Kucerov thanks to the Copp Lowry Armia line.

We're 1st in the division 2nd in the conference and 3rd in the league...Roslovic is on the first line with Wheeler and Laine....I hope Chevy goes put and beefs us up for a long playoff run.

Might I interest you in a middle-six scoring winger who plays hard and forechecks like crazy? He's built for playoff hockey.

:lol:

Nathan McKinnon out 2-4 weeks.

JBOTT playing with fire with Kane.   Guys getting hurt all over the league.   I know that can increase the return the Sabres get when another team has an injury, but if Kane gets hurt, JBOTT gets nothing.  Is JBOTT trying to establish himself as a tough negotiator while not realising he may need to take "the bird in the hand?"

JBOTT playing with fire with Kane.   Guys getting hurt all over the league.   I know that can increase the return the Sabres get when another team has an injury, but if Kane gets hurt, JBOTT gets nothing.  Is JBOTT trying to establish himself as a tough negotiator while not realising he may need to take "the bird in the hand?"

Are you assuming that he could move Kane now for something less?  If so, how much less before he's basically giving away an asset?

This is the game inside the game. 

Are you assuming that he could move Kane now for something less?  If so, how much less before he's basically giving away an asset?

This is the game inside the game. 

Yes, I am assuming that Kane could be moved today.  Even Kane for a good prospect now is better than him on IR through the deadline.   If I could get a top notch prospect now with a conditional 2019, I'd take it and work on dealing Lehner and Gorges.  But I am risk averse by nature. 

I know it's unrealistic, but why not sit Kane until the deadline?  He's a known commodity and the Sabres are going nowhere.  Takes the risk out of the equation.

Edited by Tondas

Yes, I am assuming that Kane could be moved today. Even Kane for a good prospect now is better than him on IR through the deadline. If I could get a top notch prospect now with a conditional 2019, I'd take it and work on dealing Lehner and Gorges. But I am risk averse by nature.

I know it's unrealistic, but why not sit Kane until the deadline? He's a known commodity and the Sabres are going nowhere. Takes the risk out of the equation.

I understand. Clearly being risk averse plays into things.

I don't think he can back too far off his initial high asking price or every GM will try and low ball him.

It's tough to be patient. I think next week's the week there are some moves.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.