Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

For the record, anything south of NY rt 20 is The Confederacy.  And you need to be north of I-90 or west of I-81 to be in Upstate NY.

Back to your regularly scheduled viewing....

This is correct.

When are you people going to realize that you don't matter. Anything north of the Tappan-Zee bridge is upstate New York.

And anything west of I-390 is western NY, and therefor either Canada or the Midwest.

When are you people going to realize that you don't matter. Anything north of the Tappan-Zee bridge is upstate New York.

And anything west of I-390 is western NY, and therefor either Canada or the Midwest.

I'm painfully aware of that when every single time some coal mining hillbillies ask me "where ya from" "you sher don't sound like it..." Sh!tkickers.

Sound like what? Like I'm from long island? Queens? The Bronx? SI? If I can tell the difference between the 3 awful accents in PA maybe they could try to recognize like, more than 1 of the NY ones. And the one that they do recognize is New Jersey.

Virginia is definitely the South. UVA is even nicknamed "the Harvard of the South."

DC is right in the middle, which is why Washington is said to have the perfect blend of Northern hospitality and Southern efficiency.

Just telling ya what I was told in my travels.

I'm painfully aware of that when every single time some coal mining hillbillies ask me "where ya from" "you sher don't sound like it..." Sh!tkickers.

Sound like what? Like I'm from long island? Queens? The Bronx? SI? If I can tell the difference between the 3 awful accents in PA maybe they could try to recognize like, more than 1 of the NY ones. And the one that they do recognize is New Jersey.

Buffalo has the great lakes accent. Next time you're around someone from elsewhere say Both. See if you put an L in it.

Just telling ya what I was told in my travels.

Buffalo has the great lakes accent. Next time you're around someone from elsewhere say Both. See if you put an L in it.

Elementary and documentary give away the CNY accent. Both are 5 syllable words.

For the record, anything south of NY rt 20 is The Confederacy. And you need to be north of I-90 or west of I-81 to be in Upstate NY.

Back to your regularly scheduled viewing....

So when you are north of Rte. 11 are you Northern Upstate? Adirondacker? Can you be an Adirondacker that far North? Those old dudes down on Akwesasne called us the “Malone Mtns”. We were never here nor there. We talk a mix of redneck and québécois. I’ve spent too many hours explaining that I’m American let alone a NYer.

So when you are north of Rte. 11 are you Northern Upstate? Adirondacker? Can you be an Adirondacker that far North? Those old dudes down on Akwesasne called us the “Malone Mtns”. We were never here nor there. We talk a mix of redneck and québécois. I’ve spent too many hours explaining that I’m American let alone a NYer.

You guys still trade furs for provisions with the Hudson Bay Fur Company up there, right?

We love you too. Nice stereotyping. And good to know that once you travel over the border into NY, you are introducted into a glorious panoramic of sophistication. I hadn't noticed.

These have to be switched, right?

No--the saying is a joke.

Are you using the map you made for Eleven from however long ago? I remember it having dragons, Russia, and Canada rounding out the NY State map (outside of the city limits of Buffalo of course).

Why don't I remember this?

:lol: 

attachicon.gifeleven.JPG

That is awesome.  I still don't remember the original context.

It was something about you not wanting to venture out to the suburbs for food I think. 

I think that was it. Honestly, I don't even know how long ago it was, all the geography talk just made me remember it and gave me a chuckle. I was just happy you still had it saved.

Edited by Alkoholist

Vegas is so weird to analyze. Basically their entire team, individually, is having a career season. Yet, the team-level stats don't have any flashing neon signs pointing to a cliff they're going to fall off of. I think there's likely to be some regression (be it this year or next), but I don't think they're poised to totally crash like the Avs and Flames of recent past.

Yeah my buddy keeps asking me about them and I have no answer

Yeah my buddy keeps asking me about them and I have no answer

Give teams and off season to game plan for them. It will change. Remember how Jack was always free at the dot for that PP one timer?  Now you watch and a defender is always ready to shade over and block that shot lane. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.