Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Just saw the Gudas hit. What the hell is wrong with that guy?

Ban him for life. He's a thug.

I agree.  This Gudas guy is terrible.

At least he got the snot beat out of him when he came out of the box after serving the customary 2 minutes for roughing after that terrible hit.

People actually think he tried to avoid his teammate ????

He jumps up , two feet leave the ice and his teammate is already in the corner.   

Should be banned rest of season.

Went back in and watched it this morning.  Can you believe he got two minutes for the hit?  Something needs to be done about the officiating in this league.  I don't for one second think there's a conspiracy to favor some teams over others, but I can see why people start making tinfoil hats.  It really beggars belief that incompetence on this level can possibly exist.  

And no, it doesn't even itself out.  

I agree.  This Gudas guy is terrible.

At least he got the snot beat out of him when he came out of the box after serving the customary 2 minutes for roughing after that terrible hit.

You're thirty seconds ahead of me...

Just saw the Gudas hit. What the hell is wrong with that guy?

Ban him for life. He's a thug.

Saw the hit, I can think of no reason the NHL doesn't suspend him at least 20 games. Player doesn't have the puck. Gudas leaves his feet. Principle point of contact is the head. Drives the player in the ice.  If they suspend him for less this league is a bigger a joke than I thought. 

Saw the hit, I can think of no reason the NHL doesn't suspend him at least 20 games. Player doesn't have the puck. Gudas leaves his feet. Principle point of contact is the head. Drives the player in the ice.  If they suspend him for less this league is a bigger a joke than I thought. 

It's probably a bigger joke than you thought.  2:00 for Gudas, 5:00 for Kane last night.  Let's try and wrap our heads around it.

The mitigating factor for Gudas seems to be the ... fairly bizarre nature of the hit. Like - what was he even doing there? The thing is just awkward as hell. His story is that he was looking at the puck in the corner, thought the NJ player would vacate that space and follow the other Flyer to the corner, so he leaped to avoid his own player.

It's not an implausible take on what we see in the clip. But the guy gets no benefits of the doubt.

The mitigating factor for Gudas seems to be the ... fairly bizarre nature of the hit. Like - what was he even doing there? The thing is just awkward as hell. His story is that he was looking at the puck in the corner, thought the NJ player would vacate that space and follow the other Flyer to the corner, so he leaped to avoid his own player.

It's not an implausible take on what we see in the clip. But the guy gets no benefits of the doubt.

Must be taking advice from the... Combover Con Artist, just spout of bunch of nonsensical BS and confuse people until they move on to something else. 

Rivet on The Instigators said it wasn't even a penalty. Speaking of Craig, it's so much better when you're seeing his face. Hilarious.

Debrusk was tripped going toward the goal... no way that was his fault.  So I agree with the call.

If you watch Debrusk is not tripped.  He may inadvertently connect his skate with Pietrangelo but his skate would be going into Pietrangelo and not the other way around.  He stumbles and falls.  He is never touched by Edmundson.

From Justin Bourne

Source confirms Gudas will NOT face supplemental discipline. Collision deemed accidental.

This league is a ###### joke

Where are my pitch forks?  Where are my torches?

It's like July 14, 1789 all over again.  Who's with me?

Edited by Sabersfläkt i NS

Didn't hear a peep from Stamkos/Kucerov thanks to the Copp Lowry Armia line.

We're 1st in the division 2nd in the conference and 3rd in the league...Roslovic is on the first line with Wheeler and Laine....I hope Chevy goes put and beefs us up for a long playoff run.

Realistically they’ll be 2nd in division and 3rd in conference as soon as Nashville makes up those games in hand. Still, great season so far.

Roslovic has 1 point in 10 games. Maybe he’ll be an effective middle 6 player one day.

Ya, I know he’s a young player. But let’s not pretend he’s on the first line because he’s earned his way there through offensive production on the big club.

Edited by Thorny

Matt Dumba just had to fight over a perfectly clean hit that almost happened against a Vegas player looking the wrong way. Still managed to avoid the hit, but fell over doing so.

I never thought I'd say this, but if this is what they're fighting over, (last night's Gudas-inspired reenactment of Slapshot notwithstanding) maybe fighting needs to go. Utter nonsense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.