Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Rangers announce they are going on a rebuild

https://twitter.com/nyrangers/status/961669453804130304

Who makes that kind of announcement and does it with a straight face?  They don't care about the fans at all.

That said, it's not as bad as that weasel Regier telling us to prepare for suffering.

Jeff Gorton was asked directly if Alain Vigneault will be retained as coach after the season. He said he didn't want to answer that today and he didn't want to start any speculation. He said the organization has a lot of faith in AV and he wanted to leave it at that. #NYR 

AV will be available in April it looks like

Who makes that kind of announcement and does it with a straight face?  They don't care about the fans at all.

That said, it's not as bad as that weasel Regier telling us to prepare for suffering.

I thought it was done with as much class and taste as can be present when making that sort of announcement. As you indicated, a way better PR spin than Darcy's "some suffering."

That has to the dumbest PR move.  There is no need to send that out at this point in time.  It only invites more questions and makes the locker room that much worse for the rest of the year.  Oh well, perhaps they need to clear out a few levels above AV.

That has to the dumbest PR move.  There is no need to send that out at this point in time.  It only invites more questions and makes the locker room that much worse for the rest of the year.  Oh well, perhaps they need to clear out a few levels above AV.

I tend to agree. Seems uncessesary at this point in time. What is it with New York City trying to drum up as much publicity as possible right now? First Russell Wilson, now this... :lol:

Defender. 4.35mil for next 3 years after this.

Yeah I don't know why you want him, True

Well, since NY waived him, my assumption is they'd eat a chunk of that contract in a move. And since they were willing to waive him, he'd be cheap to acquire. He's no world beater, but he'd instantly be our 3rd best defenseman, and if our offseason goes well, he'd good #5 who could anchor the 3rd pair and not embarrass himself in the top-4 if he has to fill in. 

Well, since NY waived him, my assumption is they'd eat a chunk of that contract in a move. And since they were willing to waive him, he'd be cheap to acquire. He's no world beater, but he'd instantly be our 3rd best defenseman, and if our offseason goes well, he'd good #5 who could anchor the 3rd pair and not embarrass himself in the top-4 if he has to fill in. 

Two years of Bogosian 6th 2018 for 3 years of Smith and 3rd in 2019?  I'd do that. 

Interesting factoid... Buffalo is currently 0-1 in shootouts this season.    The last team to go winless in the skill contest over an entire season was the 2013-14 NJ Devils who had a shootout record of 0-13.

Chicago is also currently 0-1 in shootouts.    They face Buffalo on St. Patricks Day. 

Interesting factoid... Buffalo is currently 0-1 in shootouts this season.    The last team to go winless in the skill contest over an entire season was the 2013-14 NJ Devils who had a shootout record of 0-13.

Chicago is also currently 0-1 in shootouts.    They face Buffalo on St. Patricks Day. 

Lehner is responsible for our horrible shootout record  :unsure:

Edited by blåbär

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.