Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Think we're getting closer and closer to being able to safely assume Baptiste and Bailey have failed as prospects

I've had zero expectations for any of our prospects since Armia. You'll never be disappointed if you have no hope.

Think we're getting closer and closer to being able to safely assume Baptiste and Bailey have failed as prospects

Maybe.

If we had some actual talent on the third or fourth lines, instead of plugs who are anemic offensively like Larsson, Pominville, Nolan, etc, particularly at centre, and the top 2 lines were functioning at full-go, I see increased odds of someone like Baptiste or Bailey being able to fit in and help contribute.

That is to say, I think they have the ability to be the lowest tiered players on a capable roster, but would struggle attempting to meaningfully impact a line on their own. Reinhart was invisible on the lower lines, wouldn’t expect anything more from these other guys.

I've had zero expectations for any of our prospects since Armia. You'll never be disappointed if you have no hope.

And here it is, your moment of Zen!

Realistically they’ll be 2nd in division and 3rd in conference as soon as Nashville makes up those games in hand. Still, great season so far.

Roslovic has 1 point in 10 games. Maybe he’ll be an effective middle 6 player one day.

Ya, I know he’s a young player. But let’s not pretend he’s on the first line because he’s earned his way there through offensive production on the big club.

Maurice probably figured leading the AHL was enough to try him on the first line.

He has scored a goal tonight and he has certainly had enough chances to score goals since he has been called up. He plays with Wheeler and Laine and is honestly better than both of them defensively. I see him as a 2nd liner.

Maurice probably figured leading the AHL was enough to try him on the first line.

He has scored a goal tonight and he has certainly had enough chances to score goals since he has been called up. He plays with Wheeler and Laine and is honestly better than both of them defensively. I see him as a 2nd liner.

Fairly likely I’d say.

Wow. Imagine if Gil said something like that?

Don't know if he could. Desi's only got 1 good eye. Crozier, Martin, & Spencer are gone. (Almost positive Stanfield, as well. Hope that's incorrect.) Would be a tough W w/ Bromley in net. Hard to say they'd be able to make it through OT. Of course, if they get to the SO, it's in the bag. ;)

I thought for sure it was going to be, "One or two goals... then we'd play the second period."

Don't know if he could. Desi's only got 1 good eye. Crozier, Martin, & Spencer are gone. (Almost positive Stanfield, as well. Hope that's incorrect.) Would be a tough W w/ Bromley in net. Hard to say they'd be able to make it through OT. Of course, if they get to the SO, it's in the bag. ;)

Fred is still with us. Which reminds me that we need that list of departed Sabres I suggested a while back. Maybe the alumni association website has one. It's sad to think how many originals we're going to be losing in the coming years. It's not something we've had to deal with as fans very often.

I thought for sure it was going to be, "One or two goals... then we'd play the second period."

Fred is still with us. Which reminds me that we need that list of departed Sabres I suggested a while back. Maybe the alumni association website has one. It's sad to think how many originals we're going to be losing in the coming years. It's not something we've had to deal with as fans very often.

Cool. Thanks for the update. :beer:

But the office furniture store is gone.

I had a comical conversation with my dad yesterday on this topic. Long story short, I'm planning some corporate events for my new company here in Columbus. Being the hockey fan I am, I would LOVE to incorporate the Blue Jackets somehow. My dad mentioned how the Sabres have the Alumni Wine Festival where you can meet Sabres legends while enjoying local wine and food. Maybe Columbus has something similar?? I told him the idea sounded like a great one, barring just one thing: the Jackets were founded in 2000, so their alumni are currently on the trade block for the New York Rangers, not attending wine tastings!

33% of McDavid’s goals this season have come in 2 games.

That's ok because he's Canada's national treasure. If a Yank that played south of the border had that same stat line, he'd be a fraud, lucky, & proof that except for Borje Salming no good non-Canadian born pkayer has ever existed. :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.