• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

I don't know, just like I didn't know who the hell McDermott was until...hell I still don't know who he is. But loose characteristics:

"Tough" coach

Defensive minded

"Blue collar"

Not flashy or brash, just "gets the job done"

So, you know, Sutter probably.

How are multi-millionaires considered blue collar?

I mean, there's videos of him hammered basically calling a girl a 'Jew' and then tons of witnesses of him basically assaulting her

What did Voynov do anyway?

Good

Who?

Beat his wife bloody. 

Stop the presses ... incoming scoop ...

THE SABRES HAVE JUST ANNOUNCED THE HIRING OF MIKE KEENAN AS ...

Been nice knowing you.  Can I have your elbow patched sweaters before the estate sale ...  :death:

Sorry man, they're getting buried with me.

How are multi-millionaires considered blue collar?

great question

Though there is a (strong) correlation between them, "blue collar" is typically used to refer to type of work and extent of formal education required, not necessarily the money such a job results in. Gross oversimplification incoming: physically demanding jobs not requiring a college degree = blue collar; desk/management jobs requiring a degree = white collar.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I hope they find someone qualified, I really do but I just don't have faith.

Ah, not supposed to use that word. Believe is the word we're using now not to offend those without you know the f word.

I think, like someone upthread said, I could live with Lombardi as long as he hires a coach thats not "old school" coach. However, I'm pretty sure we're going to get the hockey version of Sean McDermott.

You mean Chan Gailey.   

John Shannon reporting Mike Gilles is interested in the GM Job

I thought he signed with the Patriots?

Canucks GM from 2007/8 to 2014. Responsible for the Luongo, 12 year deal, resigning the Sedins, trading for Ehrhoff, and a bunch of other stuff

Wouldn't hate it.

Mike Gillis was an absolutely train wreck as the Canucks GM who is directly responsible for the mess the team is in.

Look at the players on their roster (or drafted by the Canucks) between the ages of 24 and 30. That's on Gillis.

He's also a prickly, divisive personality.

No. NO. NO!

don't even joke about Keenan...Lombardi is going to be the man...either president and/or GM

I like Lombardi. His mistakes were the ones all GM's make keeping the machine running and that was locking the core up to deals that extend past the players prime and trading away picks at the deadline to fix holes on the team to make another run at a Cup. Bowman, Holland, Shero etc. have all done the same thing.

I wouldn't mind Lombardi coming in as Hockey President and hiring a Drury as GM and protege. Lombardi is only 59 and maybe isn't ready to be kicked upstairs

I like Lombardi. His mistakes were the ones all GM's make keeping the machine running and that was locking the core up to deals that extend past the players prime and trading away picks at the deadline to fix holes on the team to make another run at a Cup. Bowman, Holland, Shero etc. have all done the same thing.

I wouldn't mind Lombardi coming in as Hockey President and hiring a Drury as GM and protege. Lombardi is only 59 and maybe isn't ready to be kicked upstairs

A good point

A good point

Indeed it was, and I too would be fine with Lombardi/Drury as the brain trust.

@johnnymclean13
Just saw Scotty Bowman having lunch with Terry Pegula at the airport #Sabres

That's just some fan so I'm just going to assume this is garbage, but I thought I'd share it because of the Chicago AGM rumblings 

Indeed it was, and I too would be fine with Lombardi/Drury as the brain trust.

I mean, why Drury? He literally hasn't done anything. If he hadn't played here, and left us, would this even be a conversation?