• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Sorry man, but I'm about 80% sure that it's going to happen. It's right in line with a Pegula move. Expect 5 year contracts for both, and them to be relieved in 3 years

It is almost like Russ Brandon was like, hey after 2-3 years fire the coach and gm and it will get butts in seats again because "hope"

It's tough for fans (even the knowledgeable ones here) to know much about who the best GM candidates are. We all have preferences but they are going to be heavily weighted towards the names everyone knows.

I don't have the slightest idea who the best choice is since I wasn't expecting to have to hire a GM anytime soon

Well said.  I am guessing that this about sums it up for the majority of us.

It is hard not having an opinion ready to voice the moment the news dropped.  I guess it is time to start reading the hockey news sites and regurgitating their ideas here as if they were my own  :unsure:

Sorry man, but I'm about 80% sure that it's going to happen. It's right in line with a Pegula move. Expect 5 year contracts for both, and them to be relieved in 3 years

It's being reported that Russ Brandon started a WhatsApp group text with Sutter and Lombardi saying "Terry is being a little cost-conscious these days as he's paying a lot of people to not do their jobs. His new craze is BOXED WINE. He loves the sweeter stuff."

Edited by mustacheofgod

Because he was clearly TM's boy. No other GM will give him a long term deal like TM was going to do.

Maybe not long term, but I think he's played well enough to get a 3-5 year deal this off-season.

If Chris ###### Drury becomes our GM I'm going to lose it

QFT

Barf. Pegula chasing names again if that happens.

More like chasing cups, if you ask me, but you didn't.

I posted way up thread that I think Lombardi is coming as PHO.  I don't think he will bring his little lap dog Sutter with him, though.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

If we go with a rookie GM again, then we need an experienced guiding hand to watch over him.

I like the idea of Paul Fenton. Preds GM Piole, who I think is one of the best in the business, has said Fenton has been ready for years. Just found a ESPN article from 2013 suggesting Fenton as ready.

However as we have seen with TM, rookie GM's aren't always good at cap management or asset management. I love the idea of Rick Dudley coming in as a mentor to a rookie GM. I don't want Lombardi or Shero for that matter. Dudley has a great deal of GM experience and has been part of organizations, like TB and Chicago, that were successfully rebuilding.

I know Paul.  Very sharp guy who I think would be a great hire.  Also, apparently some of the players favored Jason Botterill a few years ago and he is still without his first shot as a GM. I'd take either of those two guys.

Fenton + Housley would be fantastic.

Two ways this can go:

1) the new GM makes the tweaks we hoped Murray would make (firing Dan, adding puck moving D) and we play to our potential as a playoff bubble team.

2) the new GM decides he doesn't like Murray's core and guys like Kane, Reinhart, Risto and Nylander are shipped out in favour of players he does like in a mini-rebuild.

I'd say two is more likely and we will have to attach our hopes and dreams to a new group of players with more delayed gratification for the fans.

A few of you will say better now than later, but I am more depressed than I have been since Lindy and Darcy were clinging to a core we all knew wasn't good enough.

It has to be option 1, at least for next season. No GM is parting with Risto and Jack, we can't part with KO and I don't think he'll want to move ROR. McCabe stays because he is on a value contract. The new GM will retain Lehner, at least on a bridge deal. Now I have hope that the D will be cleared out and that proper asset and cap management will be done. Nylander is just a kid, it's way to ealry to part with someome so talented. Hopefully he'll be allowed to develop properly now. I think the real question is Reinhart and Kane.

GA beat me to it.  I have a hard time seeing more than 1 of Kane, Reinhart, Risto and Nylander shipped out, and frankly I don't expect any of them to go (unless Kane tells the new GM that he's not interested in staying).

I think Lehner will also be retained unless he demands a fat, long-term deal.

Lombardi and Sutter. 90% likely would be my guess

I think Lombardi is fairly likely; Sutter less so but still possible.

Barf. Pegula chasing names again if that happens.

Yes, but this at least would be chasing someone who accomplished something, unlike Rex.

interesting thought...Lombardi but no Sutter?

I think you're supposed to put forth a thought and then let someone else compliment it as an interesting point.