• Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Article on Norm Maciver

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-blackhawks-maciver-spt-0225-20160226-column.html

His self admitted strengths are gauging the team weaknesses and strengths, self admitted weakness is cap management. Might not be the best guy for here. Take into account that the last two AGM purged from Chicago or Chevy in Winni and Bergevin. Very mehhhhhh

Edited by WildCard

They just won the West. The issue with them right now is they're not even trying. They look like they don't care

Though I think the Toews contract is a mess, the real mistake was that thing they gave Seabrook. Good lord. That team would be better if they had traded Seabrook for assets (like the Blues did with Shattenkirk), and used that money to keep Saad. Sort of the mistake that Lombardi made in LA: got too attached to players based on past performance, and handed out a retirement contract for it.

Unlike our new HC opening, I really have no opinion on this. All I've ever known was Darcy before TM. Really was hoping that TM was going to be some type of creative hockey genius of a GM but looks like that was just wishful thinking.

Though I think the Toews contract is a mess, the real mistake was that thing they gave Seabrook. Good lord. That team would be better if they had traded Seabrook for assets (like the Blues did with Shattenkirk), and used that money to keep Saad. Sort of the mistake that Lombardi made in LA: got too attached to players based on past performance, and handed out a retirement contract for it.

Yeah that Seabrook contract is atrocious, but it's much more workable than Brown.

I want 100% nothing to do with anything the Kings have dumped off.  

Article on Norm Maciver

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-blackhawks-maciver-spt-0225-20160226-column.html

His self admitted strengths are gauging the team weaknesses and strengths, self admitted weakness is cap management. Might not be the best guy for here. Take into account that the last two AGM purged from Chicago or Chevy in Winni and Bergevin. Very mehhhhhh

That's Asst GM Mark Jakubowski Realm, cap management

Hammy on WGR:  Brandon will NOT be involved in hiring the new GM.

Hammy wants Dudley, either for GM or president/czar.

Duds for GM, Malarchuck for goalie coach.  Just like old times...

Am I the only one who read Norm McIver and immediately thought Norm Lacombe?   I was all, wtf did that guy get into front office work?  And is he any better at it than he was at the hockey?