• Gilman
    • Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Alright Taro, convince me or SS whoever, that Lombardi is and will be a good GM for Buffalo. LA seems kind of a mess right now.

Don't have time to make full case, as mentioned in another thread, he took the Sharks to 6 consecutive improvements in the standings & built them into a contender. A contract holdout by Nabokov torpedoed the '02-'03 season & he was relieved of his duties.

He won 2 SC's in LA. Yeah, he had some contract issues trying to keep that team together, I expect he has learned from that experience.

Again, my preference was to bring him in as Team President w/ Murray remaining in the GM role. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in as President & having a younger guy as the GM but am fine w/ him as GM.

He's been an assistant GM since before the No Stars split. And they made a run to the Finals while he was there as well.

It's tough for fans (even the knowledgeable ones here) to know much about who the best GM candidates are. We all have preferences but they are going to be heavily weighted towards the names everyone knows.

I don't have the slightest idea who the best choice is since I wasn't expecting to have to hire a GM anytime soon

who? who? who? no. who?

I swear to god you have access to google.

Julien BriseBois, GM of the Syracuse Crunch. Assistant GM to Yzerman in TB. Reached Calder Finals in 2 of last 3 seasons.

Jason Botterill, associate gm of the Penguins. He has been considered a top younger GM candidate for a few years now. 

Brad Treliving, GM of the Flames. He has constantly improved that team each off season since acquiring Sean Monahan. 

Julien BriseBois, GM of the Syracuse Crunch. Assistant GM to Yzerman in TB. Reached Calder Finals in 2 of last 3 seasons.

Jason Botterill, associate gm of the Penguins. He has been considered a top younger GM candidate for a few years now.

Brad Treliving, GM of the Flames. He has constantly improved that team each off season since acquiring Sean Monahan.

I figured most of us would be asking he same thing

Plus I like with you :lol:

Brad Treliving, GM of the Flames. He has constantly improved that team each off season since acquiring Sean Monahan. 

Botterill is also a former Sabre, albeit an unremarkable and short-tenured one.  It's like Bizzarro LaFontaine. 

Here we go again. Hope you're all ready for Lombardi

That depends. Is he going to pack Bogosian's luggage full of opiods at the border to void his contract?

This is probably the wrong spot for this, but one of my reasons for not wanting Lombardi is the whole Voynov fiasco. Dude letting a guy practice while suspended by the league for domestic violence so bad it's getting him deported...I don't want that guy being at the top of the organization.

If this was the short list... Lombardi for President, BriseBois for GM, and Housley for Coach.

That depends. Is he going to pack Bogosian's luggage full of opiods at the border to void his contract?

This is probably the wrong spot for this, but one of my reasons for not wanting Lombardi is the whole Voynov fiasco. Dude letting a guy practice while suspended by the league for domestic violence so bad it's getting him deported...I don't want that guy being at the top of the organization.

ooo yea, forgot about that. Yea no to people who support abusive