Reinhart Dressed and Benched; Late to Meeting

WildCard

So tardiness appears to be a problem with the team, necessitating the change in the rule. Does this show that DD has lost segments of the locker room? Or that certain players need to step up?

Yes to both.

This is how it struck me. If correct, it seems to be some more smoke regarding something being amiss in the locker room.

Edit: I accidentally chopped off too much of your post. Meant to also quote the part about this seeming like a continual problem.

Agreed. I'm expecting the new coach to be a Pat Burns type.

That's what happens when players tune out nice-guy coaches.

We should be so lucky if also happens to be Pat Burns quality.

My God, I hope it's not Therrien.

Edited by dudacek

Yes to both.

Agreed. I'm expecting the new coach to be a Pat Burns type.

That's what happens when players tune out nice-guy coaches.

We should be so lucky if also happens to be Pat Burns quality.

My God, I hope it's not Therrien.

I picture Quenneville as that type. God I wish we could get a guy like that. You never hear about stupid BS like this coming from that team, and they've got friggen Patty Kane, the king of BS. 

Let's see what happens when Jack is stuck in the john with Montezuma's Revenge and is 20 seconds late for a meeting the day before Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

That's his own fault for going out for dinner the night before the Game 7 against the Mexico City Jets.

Dumb Ebriate question...   Did Reinhart "miss" the game per league stats? He suited up, he was tracked for 00:00 minutes... he was even in +/- and 50% for Corsi. But did it count as a game played by him anyway?

(If it does count, then it wasn't really a docked game. Reinhart played the game! It's all a trick. We'd have to sit him another game another time.) Semantics!

I'm guessing it does count as a game played. It'll especially funny if 5 years from now Samson is the NHL ironman having played 500 straight games.

Oh boy PC police have arrived. Must have crawled out of the safe space.

Thank you for indispenisable contribution to the conversation.

That's his own fault for going out for dinner the night before the Game 7 against the Mexico City Jets.

I'm guessing it does count as a game played. It'll especially funny if 5 years from now Samson is the NHL ironman having played 500 straight games.

Thank you for indispenisable contribution to the conversation.

You're welcome;someone has to make sure the thought police doesn't ruin the place.

So what is this, the DNC or something? I routinely see leftist comments in these threads in which have nothing to do with hockey. I have an opposing view and people have a fit. If threads get political dont expect to not hear an opposing view. For the record all i did was call someone out for lecturing someone.

So what is this, the DNC or something? I routinely see leftist comments in these threads in which have nothing to do with hockey. I have an opposing view and people have a fit. If threads get political dont expect to not hear an opposing view. For the record all i did was call someone out for lecturing someone.

Some of us have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about.

You guys remind me of the bit about people that speak two languages are called "bi-lingual" and people that speak three languages are called "tri-lingual" and people that speak only one language are called "American".

BTW my wife is tri-lingual and I am American.

Oh boy PC police have arrived. Must have crawled out of the safe space.

Bruh I'm pretty sure you're the one who brought the political jargon in.

He just doesn't want to watch when we are atop the Atlantic with Dan at the helm and vying for the Presidents Trophy and his world has come crashing down upon him.

Even if you're right about this next year, your claims of this nature dating back to the start of this season have fallen flat enough that I can feel good thinking it's just a fluke :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It strikes me as bizarre that Samson was late to a team meeting literally the day after Murray says they upped the punishment for it. Jesus Christ Samson, what are you doing?

I think a public spanking would have been more along the lines of proper punishment.... 1 spanking for each minute late.

The GM should never have to enforce a "black and white rule" because the coach can't come up with solutions on this himself.

Even if certain players need to step up, due to multiple infractions, I want my coach to have either the stones to make the change himself, or the tact to handle the situation a bit more gracefully.

Instead Pappa Murray makes the call, does he shake it for Dan after he's done tinkeling too. Or does disco just walk around with wet stains on his dockers....

If Murray made this rule because things were getting out of hand, some of you see this as a sign the coach isn't being fired.

I say this: if a GM needs to enforce discipline on the players instead of a coach, I as a gm would be looking for a new coach.

One that hasn't lost respect of his players to show up on time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.