Reinhart Dressed and Benched; Late to Meeting

WildCard

Life isn't black and white, when you try to make it that way you'll make an ass out of yourself sooner than later.

Let's see what happens when Jack is stuck in the john with Montezuma's Revenge and is 20 seconds late for a meeting the day before Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

It doesn't mean, to me, that Bylsma isn't going anywhere. If Murray had to step in and clarify then I would wonder if Murray already sees issues with the coach not being respected by players. Murray may have stepped in to clarify to the players that regardless of who the coach is you still have to be a professional.

This is how it struck me. If correct, it seems to be some more smoke regarding something being amiss in the locker room.

Edit: I accidentally chopped off too much of your post. Meant to also quote the part about this seeming like a continual problem.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Dumb Ebriate question...   Did Reinhart "miss" the game per league stats? He suited up, he was tracked for 00:00 minutes... he was even in +/- and 50% for Corsi. But did it count as a game played by him anyway?

(If it does count, then it wasn't really a docked game. Reinhart played the game! It's all a trick. We'd have to sit him another game another time.) Semantics!

Edited by DarthEbriate

This is how it struck me. If correct, it seems to be some more smoke regarding something being amiss in the locker room.

Edit: I accidentally chopped off too much of your post. Meant to also quote the part about this seeming like a continual problem.

Agreed. This feels really bad. Who's got the sig with Buffalo Sports Dysfunction Junction in it? wjag? Nailed it.

Can he Murray fire him now? Does it set the next coach up for failure if the players disagree with him.

And Yes I really want DD gone yesterday. I'm worried that might be the approach he takes

Dumb Ebriate question...   Did Reinhart "miss" the game per league stats? He suited up, he was tracked for 00:00 minutes... he was even in +/- and 50% for Corsi. But did it count as a game played by him anyway?

(If it does count, then it wasn't really a docked game anyway. Reinhart played the game! It's all a trick.) Semantics!

The back up goalie is dressed every game as well. Does Nilsson have 77 games under his belt this year? Once you've answered that, you'll have answered yoyr question. ;)

Dumb Ebriate question... Did Reinhart "miss" the game per league stats? He suited up, he was tracked for 00:00 minutes... he was even in +/- and 50% for Corsi. But did it count as a game played by him anyway?

(If it does count, then it wasn't really a docked game. Reinhart played the game! It's all a trick. We'd have to sit him another game another time.) Semantics!

A player must have at least one second of ice time for it to count as a game played

The punishment is established.  You do the crime you do the time.  We're not arguing whether it should be changed.  At the time of the infraction the rule was... miss the game.  Thus.. you miss the game.  Regardless of winning or the coach being a good coach the issue remains the same.  A player was late to a meeting and was disciplined.  Successful teams don't have that problem. Details matter.

Fine.. late, point is irrelevant insofar as the disciplinary action was "you miss a game". You may have deferred punishment, but I doubt any coach would do such a thing and yes, while he's not my dog it really does make a difference.

Regardless of what your opinion of the level of punishment is the player knew at the time of his infraction what the TEAM's STANDARD was and the resultant action.  

Not sure where the point I bolded is coming from.  It was listed as a small infraction.. and I said I agreed with that.  Who said repeated violations?

Boom.  It sounds like the team has had some disciplinary issues all season and Murray has grown tired of it and wanted to make it abundantly clear to the players.  I would imagine that this wouldn't be needed to be clarified if it was 1 player, 1 time.  So it sounds like "more to come here".

It doesn't mean, to me, that Bylsma isn't going anywhere.  If Murray had to step in and clarify then I would wonder if Murray already sees issues with the coach not being respected by players.  Murray may have stepped in to clarify to the players that regardless of who the coach is you still have to be a professional. 

I wasn't implying you said repeated violations, I was only pointing out that if their were repeated violations by Sam, it might justify a more severe punishment -- i.e. if he is perpetually late by 5 minutes for every meeting and every practice, it would be easier to understand a more severe punishment

Otherwise, on it's own, being 5-minutes late doesn't rise to the level of the punishment that was assessed

I've already made that decision: if Bylsma is back, I'm not paying for Gamecenter.

Me either. I mean, I don't pay now, but now it'll be DELIBERATE.

Muy bien tal vez ambos, siempre y cuando termine con el entrenador de ser despedido

Bienvinidos a Homestarrunner.com Conoces a Miguel? Sí! Somos buenos amigos

The punishment is established.  You do the crime you do the time.  We're not arguing whether it should be changed.  At the time of the infraction the rule was... miss the game.  Thus.. you miss the game.  Regardless of winning or the coach being a good coach the issue remains the same.  A player was late to a meeting and was disciplined.  Successful teams don't have that problem. Details matter.

Fine.. late, point is irrelevant insofar as the disciplinary action was "you miss a game". You may have deferred punishment, but I doubt any coach would do such a thing and yes, while he's not my dog it really does make a difference.

Regardless of what your opinion of the level of punishment is the player knew at the time of his infraction what the TEAM's STANDARD was and the resultant action.  

Not sure where the point I bolded is coming from.  It was listed as a small infraction.. and I said I agreed with that.  Who said repeated violations?

Boom.  It sounds like the team has had some disciplinary issues all season and Murray has grown tired of it and wanted to make it abundantly clear to the players.  I would imagine that this wouldn't be needed to be clarified if it was 1 player, 1 time.  So it sounds like "more to come here".

It doesn't mean, to me, that Bylsma isn't going anywhere.  If Murray had to step in and clarify then I would wonder if Murray already sees issues with the coach not being respected by players.  Murray may have stepped in to clarify to the players that regardless of who the coach is you still have to be a professional.

Doesn't mean Dan is necessarily gone nor that he's back, but it seems to me that it means Murray has already made his mind up about whether Bylsma stays or goes.

You know which direction I'm hoping it portends. ;)

Tim Murray told Mike Harrington this afternoon that he wanted the rule of being late changed to a black and white policy. He approached the coaches on Sunday and the rule was changed. The players were told on Monday that if they're late, they'd miss a full game.

Per Paul Hamilton.

###### DD isn't going anywhere

So I assume this rule will apply in the playoffs then?

Guys stop caring though especially when season is almost over and no playoffs in site and coach is an idiot. Murray overreaching if so and Blysma making him sit on bench or Mmurray is a bunch of Bull. If DD isnt gone doubt Sam and Jack resign with Sabres especially over these management antics.

The back up goalie is dressed every game as well. Does Nilsson have 77 games under his belt this year? Once you've answered that, you'll have answered yoyr question. ;)

A player must have at least one second of ice time for it to count as a game played

Ach. Thanks. That's right.

I'll go back to my space egg and decompress with a drink.

Me neither, using google translate

You guys remind me of the bit about people that speak two languages are called "bi-lingual" and people that speak three languages are called "tri-lingual" and people that speak only one language are called "American".  

BTW my wife is tri-lingual and I am American. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.