Reinhart Dressed and Benched; Late to Meeting

WildCard

"###### happens"  and Jack's response have me thinking that these guys really haven't taken the lessons of Gionta to heart and haven't accepted what it takes to be a pro.  They had better grow up or we are going to have another era of disappointment.  Instead of holding each other accountable for basic professional behavior they are excusing each other.  That is a red flag.

Where is Dustin Byfuglien when you need him?

"###### happens" and Jack's response have me thinking that these guys really haven't taken the lessons of Gionta to heart and haven't accepted what it takes to be a pro. They had better grow up or we are going to have another era of disappointment. Instead of holding each other accountable for basic professional behavior they are excusing each other. That is a red flag.

Or they have taken Gionta to heart and it's Dan standing in their way. Because he's stupid.

I posit that it's possible for the best players on a hockey team, young or not, to mount an insurgency that is well intentioned and legitimate. Perhaps this isn't what we have here, but perhaps it is?

So I'm guessing this video won't be available at sabres.com. At least not with the money quote in it.

Always gotta take a shot at "your" team huh? It's on there, jackass!!!! And the money quote is there, sort of. The super-naughty word is bleeped.

Edited by PASabreFan

I'm not sold on Sam's misread a text excuse. If he thought the stretch was at 1 when it was actually at 11, that would make more sense. How do you misread 10:30 for 11? Those numbers aren't very hard to confuse.

I assume he didn't misread 10:30 but misremembered it? Seems more logical and if I was explaining what happened I would describe it as misreading a text.

Or they have taken Gionta to heart and it's Dan standing in their way. Because he's stupid.

I posit that it's possible for the best players on a hockey team, young or not, to mount an insurgency that is well intentioned and legitimate. Perhaps this isn't what we have here, but perhaps it is?

Occam's razor.  Being late for a meeting is much more likely the result of a laissez faire attitude than it is of an insurrection.

"###### happens"  and Jack's response have me thinking that these guys really haven't taken the lessons of Gionta to heart and haven't accepted what it takes to be a pro.  They had better grow up or we are going to have another era of disappointment.  Instead of holding each other accountable for basic professional behavior they are excusing each other.  That is a red flag.

Or they think the organisation has bigger issues than a player being 5 minutes late to a stretch and see the bizarre attitude of severely punishing small mistakes in the name of bettering the team whilst wilfully ignoring larger ones such as a better coach and an NHL calibre defence.

Or they think the organisation has bigger issues than a player being 5 minutes late to a stretch and see the bizarre attitude of severely punishing small mistakes in the name of bettering the team whilst wilfully ignoring larger ones such as a better coach and an NHL calibre defence.

From 2nd year pros?  That's an entitlement attitude.  It is no coincidence that there are rumors of a divide between the vets and the kids if the kids are rebelling before they've learned how to be pros.

Occam's razor. Being late for a meeting is much more likely the result of a laissez faire attitude than it is of an insurrection.

I get that. I'm just saying that the response might be an indicator of something more than what caused the punishment. And that maybe the response isn't just immature.

I get that. I'm just saying that the response might be an indicator of something more than what caused the punishment. And that maybe the response isn't just immature.

And I am saying that any response other than holding their teammates accountable is immature.  And unprofessional. 

Chris Drury would not abide.

And I am saying that any response other than holding their teammates accountable is immature. And unprofessional.

Chris Drury would not abide.

Maybe... though if the boss is deemed incompetent... it happens and there are greater problems often. Holding people accountable for stupid shiite is pot stirring and takes focus off real problem, in this case playing shiite hockey. How about holding Moulson accountable for not hitting in corners and being weak on the puck... D being sloppy... Forward not getting back... standing around too much... oh that might be DD's system.... dope Edited by North Buffalo

Maybe... though if the boss is deemed incompetent... it happens and there are greater problems often. Holding people accountable for stupid shiite is pot stirring and takes focus off real problem, in this case playing shiite hockey. How about holding Moulson accountable for not hitting in corners and being weak on the puck... D being sloppy... Forward not getting back... standing around too much... oh that might be DD's system.... dope

I agree. There should be accountability both on the ice and off it. Is Gionta unhappy with Moulson because he is earning $5 million a year to play 4th line minutes? There is something rotten in the vets if they need the culture to change off the ice, but are quite satisfied with the standard they are setting on it.

It's not the coach that teaches the kids how to be an NHL player.  The coach instills a game plan and gets all the players to play it, or tries to.

The vets on the team teach what it means to be a pro in the NHL  Gionta, Moulson and Gorges are doing their best, but it seems like it may not be good enough. Hell, even the goalie has to chew them out to the media and the reaction is minimal, at best.

My hope is that ROR is pissed.

I believe this was the biggest problem with Edmonton and all their great talented kids for all these years.

I agree. There should be accountability both on the ice and off it. Is Gionta unhappy with Moulson because he is earning $5 million a year to play 4th line minutes? There is something rotten in the vets if they need the culture to change off the ice, but are quite satisfied with the standard they are setting on it.

Non-sequitur.  Nowhere has there been any indication that any of the vets are satisfied with the on ice performance.  If anything, it has been the opposite.

Sorry, wrong thread.

1.  Could a player put the puck in the palm of his hand (open, so as not to be guilty of closing his hand on the puck) and skate it down the ice?

2.  Can a player use a deliberate kicking motion to score in his own net?

3.  Can a player be "onside" if his glove is on the ice and touching the blue line or does it have to be his skate?

Edited by Tondas

What's the point of that Anderson Cooper video? Christ. Eff that elitist prick. Those giggles might have foretold today's political climate.

Oh, and solid work, d4rk, dissing the humorless maniacally focused of a captain we had who, absent an AHL D corps, would've delivered us a Cup.

Also, I don't buy for a minute that ROR's leadership hackles are up. More and more, his wee Timmy Ho's fender bender seems more reflective of his locker room character than many of our previously imagined fantasies that he was the future Captain.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Man, this is a much larger deal on here and maybe a talk show than any real evidence would warrant. We must be real bored.

Yep. Unfortunately it's the most interesting thing that' happened in weeks.

And it gives us ammo to vent some of our dissatisfaction.

And.... eff Chris Drury.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.