Reinhart Dressed and Benched; Late to Meeting

WildCard

Dan Bylsma just told reporters in Columbus Sam Reinhart violated a team policy and was benched. #Sabres

Well, this should at least help with the team interviews at the end of the season. 

I get the need for discipline, but this is such a poor way to do it. Make him do sprints, or let your Captain deal with it. But dressing him and then stapling him to the bench the entire game? You're publicly humiliating a foundation of a franchise you hope to not be fired from at the end of this season. Not a good idea Dan

Makes me wonder if Dan knows he's screwed 

Edited by WildCard

@BillHoppeNHL

Dan Bylsma just told reporters in Columbus Sam Reinhart violated a team policy and was benched. #Sabres

Well, this should at least help with the team interviews at the end of the season. 

I get the need for discipline, but this is such a poor way to do it. Make him do sprints, or let your Captain deal with it. But dressing him and then stapling him to the bench the entire game? You're publicly humiliating a foundation of a franchise you hope to not be fired from at the end of this season. Not a good idea Dan

It's our 1 hope left.

I'm still thinking that after the Habs game, we'll see a true "fan appreciation night." (OK, so it's actually hoping, but, whatever. There IS hope. ;))

If you're going to bench him why not toss him in the press box? Maybe if Okposo played I guess.

This is dumb, but there's nothing left to care about for this season, so whatever. The biggest problem I have with it is he's on my fantasy team and I'm in the playoffs right now.

I've had it with this clown. I will not renew center ice, buy one item of Sabres gear or wear any until DD is gone. This franchise won't get a single penny from me until they get rid of him. What a disgrace to a franchise I've loved and stuck by ever since I was a child. Can anyone day one positive thing about his tenure as a coach?

If you're going to bench him why not toss him in the press box? Maybe if Okposo played I guess.

This is dumb, but there's nothing left to care about for this season, so whatever. The biggest problem I have with it is he's on my fantasy team and I'm in the playoffs right now.

Samsies. I needed points from him tonight in a different league :lol:

It happens more than you'd think. A quick Google search turned up benchings from Dallas, Ottawa, Philly, San Jose in the past year or so.

My follow up would be coaches that have done it in his position; a failing team with his job on the line after multiple reports of players dissatisfaction with him. I just feel like it's a terrible move on his part in terms of actually helping his own self preservation 

Edited by WildCard

As someone stated in the game thread playing him out of position, not at center, not making plays which is his strength.... Dan has misused Sam all season.    Minus him and Okposo showed how little depth the Sabres have at forward and screwed up Dan is as a coach.  

Heck sit him for three or four shifts in the first, but over a meeting at the end of a losing season and a back to back... Betting he overslept.   Dude Dan  is goner and has to know it.  This is a bunch of crap.  Not sure he had to be on the bench for anything but the start of the game.  Even so, the whole game.  Guess Sam said something smartassed as Blysma deserved but he shouldn't have said... Gionta is just plain wrong...  I have a 12 year old and you don't just sit him, you keep on him and keep teaching... Sam isn't 12 and  if I am Sam, I demand a trade tonight.  I go to Tim Murray and then leak something to the press if he doesn't agree to... but that is just me... 

PS If this is the case, I do my best to make sure the team loses out the entire rest of the season including the leaves game...

Edited by North Buffalo

My follow up would be coaches that have done it in his position; a failing team with his job on the line after multiple reports of players dissatisfaction with him. I just feel like it's a terrible move on his part for his own self preservation

I just feel like it was a terrible move given the circumstances. It would have been better to just play him tonight and make him sit the next game. Or just forfeit the game if you're really into sending messages. This just stinks of half-assedness.

Another mess up they didn't call anyone up, lots of injuries on D so no, and Okposo is out sick... DD mismanaging the team too.

Think they are at their call up limit for this season, not sure.

Couple of weeks ago they only had like 2 call ups left or something.

Edited by Huckleberry

Think they are at their call up limit for this season, not sure.

Couple of weeks ago they only had like 2 call ups left or something.

Interesting... but they sent the guys down instead of keeping Fasching and Fedun up... with all those injuries was risking a lot... guess D-Lo can play D... but man is he done on offense and not appropriate with Eichel.  

Rosters are expanded at the TD...unlimited.

So really a management screw up not having some backups around... Rochester is not that far... jeez... how late in the day was the meeting...  

how do you know Gio didnt suggest to make him dress and sit all game?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.