Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

From Doc Brown at TBD

Here's Walterfootball on the trade.  http://walterfootbal...m/nfltrades.php

I didn't like the Jay Ajayi and Duane Brown trades for the Dolphins and Texans, respectively, but I could at least understand what those teams were thinking. This trade, however, makes absolutely no sense for the Panthers. 

Marty Hurney is one of the worst general managers in the NFL, and it's irresponsible of the Panthers to allow him to be near a telephone on this day. Only he could make a ridiculously stupid move like this. He just traded away a very talented, young receiver for practically nothing, and for no reason. 

Some Hurney loyalists might argue that the Panthers nearly won a Super Bowl without Benjamin in 2015, but the Panthers had the best defense in the conference that year. They also had Greg Olsen in his prime. Olsen is now 32 and coming off injury, so Carolina, now 5-2, doesn't have any viable downfield weapons for Cam Newton to work with. 

The Bills, meanwhile, won this trade very easily. It's an A+ deal, no questions asked. Benjamin can step in and become their new No. 1 receiver, which is something they sorely needed, and given the lack of receiving talent in the upcoming draft class - check out my 2018 NFL Mock Draft here - the Bills had to do something like this. Giving up just a third for Benjamin is a major steal. 

Grade for Bills - A+ 
Grade for Panthers - MILLEN 

I've spent the entirety of Benjamin's career living with Panthers fans in NC, and as a result I've caught more of their games than the Bills. Not only are the Panthers fans pissed at the trade, but from my own eye test, some you are incredibly underrating KB. I've never once thought Sammy was nearly as good as KB, and it always angered me that we moved up for Sammy when we could have gotten KB by moving down. This trade is a major win for the team and The Process. 

Dumping Marcel Dareus' monster contract was a nice move. And, it gave us the cap flexibility to pick up a much needed starting WR and pay him going forward if we so choose. I like the way Beane is methodically putting together this team. And, we still have two first- and two second-round picks in next year's draft.

Dumping Marcel Dareus' monster contract was a nice move. And, it gave us the cap flexibility to pick up a much needed starting WR and pay him going forward if we so choose. I like the way Beane is methodically putting together this team. And, we still have two first- and two second-round picks in next year's draft.

Exactly..

We're saving $2 million next year and spending $8 on KB.  I am excited for this move, but Dareus is irrelevant here.

Reading twitter, the AP articles, Panthers board, and other articles, the clear consensus is we won this trade, by a lot.

@JonScottTV
"You're always looking to make a move to win today and win tomorrow and I think this answers both of those." - #Bills GM Brandon Beane

@MatthewFairburn
Brandon Beane said he was deeply involved in the scouting of Kelvin Benjamin while in Carolina.

@viccarucci
#Bills GM Brandon Beane on Kelvin Benjamin: "I know him well. He's tough, a blue-collar kid. He'll fit in well here."

@WGR550
Beane- Size, and experience, excellent hands. When he's covered. He's still open. He's not a speed guy. He'll win the contested balls.

@ChrisBrownBills
Beane: not sure if he'll suit up Thursday night. That's up to Coach McDermott. #Bills

@viccarucci
Beane: "I was involved w talks w a lot of people, going back to Marcell (deal). Don't want to get into that." #Bills (Question on Martavis Bryant)

@RyanBurr

Brady camp 3 days ago felt privately TB could be traded by Bill after 17. This was a Kraft decision to make it clear Brady finishes as a Pat

@RyanBurr  

Told TB relationship with BB not great and all his loyalty is too Mr Kraft.

@RyanBurr

Brady camp continued Bill is 100% business and if he thinks he would be more likely to win with Jim G than TB than Tom would be out. Period

Edited by WildCard