Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

So, it's less they have to spend, and less they get to spend?

If so, then like I said, we get to try and win with less money. Awesome.

Less money than what? They have more cap space than if they had kept Dareus.

They would have cut every player from those 90s Cowboy teams.

Hope it works.

I really don't think so. Dareus didn't get dumped because of issues off the field, he got dumped because of issues off the field while being a total turd on the field. If he were playing as well as he was capable of, he wouldn't have been traded.

Bills are giving the fans a great year so far, with not much to work with.

I have no doubt after a full off-season and draft, Bills will be a 10 win team next year.

2019, all that dead money off the books, 2 drafts under their belt and Brady done = incredible times ahead.

These guys,are building something here, I feel it.

Less money than what? They have more cap space than if they had kept Dareus.

Great. Awesome. They still get to spend $14MM less than other teams to try and win next year.

Callaway, please don't celebrate next year. We've been being sold that forever.

Not sure I like this deal this year unless he is still such a headache and they believed it was the best deal possible.  Can the Bills roll over dead cap savings next year (the $5.6 savings reported this year or no?)  Unlikely to spend it now unless they have another deal in place?

Can someone more knowledgable explain how the NFL cap works?  I keep reading that the Bills only save ~$5M this year and ~$2M next year, and that Dareus only counts ~$5M against the Jags' cap.  

If so, this wasn't a good move.

The length of that albatross of a contract I'm sure factored in to this decision. Yes they pay for a couple of years, but 2019, 2020 and 2021 they free up a ton of cap space.

Combine that with the "character" issues with Dareus and clearly this move was forward thinking addition by subtraction

And lets be completely honest about it, Dareus production has turned in to a regressive state over the last 2 1/2 seasons. This was a good move by Bean.

Could they have just cut him after 2018 with no cap hit?  I'm seeing that, as well.  It doesn't seem like there's much savings associated with this move.

It seems that they gave no real consideration to the $ of it and just wanted him gone ASAP.  They lucked into a team that is willing to take a chance on him.

Could they have just cut him after 2018 with no cap hit? I'm seeing that, as well. It doesn't seem like there's much savings associated with this move.

He was a problem. Terrible work habits, off the filed issues up the Ying yang and not performing on the filed. He did not fit the mold of the team they are building. A street FA or Adolphus Washington can give you more than what Marcel did.