Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

On a side note, the Browns lost a trade because they didn't notify the league office in time. Who was the Sabres player that Darcy lost to a fax mishap? Z-something?

The career minor leaguer Mike Zigomanis who ironically played for the Amerks a couple seasons ago.

I’m reading Tweets to the effect that the Garappolo trade is an indictment of the 2018 QB class.

SF was gonna have the pick of the crop, and was like “nope.”

I also saw some Tweeter sourcing about how this was a Kraft move. That Belichick is all (football) business, and was contemplating trading Brady after this season.

I watched some highlights of Benjamin last night.  Holy mackerel.  That guy is a monster.  I can't remember ever seeing a WR that big and powerful-looking.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am pretty psyched to attend Bills-Jets tomorrow night!

(I've been to a bunch of Bills-Jets games here over the years, and they have all been terrible games followed by terrible traffic experiences.)

I watched some highlights of Benjamin last night.  Holy mackerel.  That guy is a monster.  I can't remember ever seeing a WR that big and powerful-looking.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am pretty psyched to attend Bills-Jets tomorrow night!

(I've been to a bunch of Bills-Jets games here over the years, and they have all been terrible games followed by terrible traffic experiences.)

Calvin Johnson just retired a couple of seasons ago, you know?

On KB: He's gotta be big and powerful because he is out-running or out-quicking exactly no one.

Thinking of him more like a TE is probably helpful, to a point. Thing is, though, he gets covered by DBs, not LBs.

Speaking of LBs - we need him to watch his.

Okay, okay. 

I'm excited by the move - if only it indicates that the team is making a hard push for the playoffs.

On KB: He's gotta be big and powerful because he is out-running or out-quicking exactly no one.

Thinking of him more like a TE is probably helpful, to a point. Thing is, though, he gets covered by DBs, not LBs.

Speaking of LBs - we need him to watch his.

Okay, okay. 

I'm excited by the move - if only it indicates that the team is making a hard push for the playoffs.

It's definitely nice watching them be buyers and not sellers at this NHL-style trade deadline.

Close friends of Bill Belichick seem to think that the Patriots coach, in his 18th season in Foxborough, is going to call it quits soon. 

In a story from ESPN: The Magazine about how much longer Tom Brady might play, the longevity of Belichick also came up, and it sounds like the Patriots coach might soon be ready to put the NFL grind behind him. 

According to the story, Belichick's friends believe that he'll only coach for two or three more years, which would keep him on the Patriots sideline until 2019 or 2020. Although the thought of Belichick retiring might sound crazy, the truth is, there's not a lot left for him to accomplish.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/apparently-bill-belichicks-friends-get-the-sense-that-he-could-be-retiring-soon/

I’m reading Tweets to the effect that the Garappolo trade is an indictment of the 2018 QB class.

SF was gonna have the pick of the crop, and was like “nope.”

I also saw some Tweeter sourcing about how this was a Kraft move. That Belichick is all (football) business, and was contemplating trading Brady after this season.

The Belichick story is not inconsistent with the other rumours about how Kraft directed the Garappolo trade so as to preserve Brady's spot as a forever-Patriot.

Also, I very much enjoyed Bomani Jones on Tom Brady's training techniques being a snake oil con.

The Benjamin trade was nice but man is he unorthodox. Looks like A DE playing WR. Has no real ability to create separation otherwise than boxing out like a power forward going up for a rebound. His game has worked up to this point with Cam understanding his shortcomings and using him appropriately. I hope Dennison and Tyrod employ the same tactics cuz it's gonna be rare to find Kelvin running all alone at anytime during any games.

I like this trade. If for no other reason than it is for right now. It's not about the future. And the hope that we might get someone serviceable.. It's for right now. And I don't give two shnizzles about the picks we gave up for him.